[news.software.anu-news] V5.9 available over X.25

gih900@csc.anu.oz (Geoff Huston) (01/12/90)

NEWS 5.9C is (finally) available using PSI_COPY over X.25.
The DTE for getting this software is unchanged:  (505) 262440032, and as always
you'll have to use the PSI_COPY software to drag the stuff over.

There are three savesets, in both LZCMP compressed (LZCMP) and uncompressed
formats:

	NEWS_V59C_SRC.BCK(_Z)
	NEWS_V59C_DOC.BCK(_Z)
	NEWS_V59C_DIST.BCK(_Z)

sorry for the delay - it was one of those things that never got done in late
last year!

Geoff Huston

sloane@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (01/17/90)

In article <1256.25adec52@csc.anu.oz>, gih900@csc.anu.oz (Geoff Huston) writes:
> There are three savesets, in both LZCMP compressed (LZCMP) and uncompressed
> formats:
>
> 	NEWS_V59C_SRC.BCK(_Z)
> 	NEWS_V59C_DOC.BCK(_Z)
> 	NEWS_V59C_DIST.BCK(_Z)

Does the NEWS_V59C_DOC.BCK save set contain updated documentation for
V5.9C? If so, is is available for anonymous ftp anywhere?  I have had
a number of requests for V5.9 documentation, but the latest that I
know of is V5.8.
--
USmail: Bob Sloane, University of Kansas Computer Center, Lawrence, KS, 66045
E-mail: sloane@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu, sloane@ukanvax.bitnet, AT&T: (913)864-0444

gih900@UUNET.UU.NET (Geoff Huston) (01/18/90)

>Does the NEWS_V59C_DOC.BCK save set contain updated documentation for
>V5.9C? If so, is is available for anonymous ftp anywhere?  I have had
>a number of requests for V5.9 documentation, but the latest that I
>know of is V5.8.

If only it did contain an update on the documentation!

Alas no - this is the same documentation as ever (sigh)

I have a backlog of about 300 mail items regarding bits and pieces about NEWS
which I would like to get through sooner or later ... I'll get around to
documentation updates I suppose, but no promises as to when.

cheers,

Geoff