[news.software.anu-news] PLEASE CANCELL MY NAME FROM THIS MAILING LIST

PIA@UIUCSCS.BITNET (Maria-Pia Gratton) (01/16/90)

 Can you please cancell my name from  this mailing list?
 If this is the wrong address to send my request, can anyone tell
 me who should I send my request to?

 Thanks.                        Pia.

 Bitnet   : Pia@uiucscs
 Internet : Pia@c.scs.uiuc.edu

MAINT@UQAM.BITNET (Peter Jones) (01/17/90)

On Tue, 16 Jan 90 10:19:00 CDT you said:
> Can you please cancell my name from  this mailing list?
> If this is the wrong address to send my request, can anyone tell
> me who should I send my request to?
>
> Thanks.                        Pia.
>
> Bitnet   : Pia@uiucscs
> Internet : Pia@c.scs.uiuc.edu

Normally, you would send a message or mail to LISTSERV@NDSUVM1 containing
SIGNOFF ANU-NEWS

To see if you are still signed up or not, try
QUERY ANU-NEWS.

If that doesn't work, try the list owner. To find out who that is,
try REVIEW ANU-NEWS SHORT

* All these commands go to the LISTSERV, not to the LIST! *

Peter Jones     MAINT@UQAM     (514)-987-3542
"Life's too short to try and fill up every minute of it" :-)

hassinger@lmrc.uucp (01/19/90)

In article <ANU-NEWS%90011615564358@NDSUVM1.BITNET>, MAINT@UQAM.BITNET (Peter Jones) writes:
> On Tue, 16 Jan 90 10:19:00 CDT you said:
> Normally, you would send a message or mail to LISTSERV@NDSUVM1 containing
> SIGNOFF ANU-NEWS
>
> To see if you are still signed up or not, try
> QUERY ANU-NEWS.
>
> If that doesn't work, try the list owner. To find out who that is,
> try REVIEW ANU-NEWS SHORT

Will these still work if the return address that is being propagated through
the net on your messages is incorrect?  I would think maybe not.

At the moment it seems to be impossible for me to get a viable return address
on traffic I send when it goes to certain parts of the net.  My current theory
is that it has to do with things happening at some of the gateways.  Eventually
I will get it fixed when I can make DECUS UUCP do rewrite rules correctly but
right now it still seems broken.

In the mean time I too would like to get off the list and check it.

If you want to send mail to me you may want to try an address along the lines
of:

	...uunet!ccavax!lmrc!hassinger

Thanks,

Bob Hassinger