[news.software.anu-news] Crashing while Registering

NEWSMGR@pavo.concordia.ca (Tim Lapin Tel: (514) 848-7639 News Manager) (01/18/90)

Hi all,

I am running version 5.8a on a VAX cluster using VAX C 3.0.

I have everything running more or less correctly except for one little
bug:
When I try to register new groups after doing something else, such as a
"sh entry" or "sh profile", the program will crash with access violation
errors and a dump.  Was there a fix reported for this problem?  If so, can
I have it?

Thanks in advance.
--
Tim Lapin   Analyst    Computing Services    Concordia University
INTERNET:   timl@maxwell.concordia.ca        TEL:  (514) 848-7639

sloane@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (01/20/90)

In article <2157@pavo.concordia.ca>,
 NEWSMGR@pavo.concordia.ca (Tim Lapin) writes:
> I am running version 5.8a on a VAX cluster using VAX C 3.0.
>
> I have everything running more or less correctly except for one little
> bug:
> When I try to register new groups after doing something else, such as a
> "sh entry" or "sh profile", the program will crash with access violation
> errors and a dump.  Was there a fix reported for this problem?  If so, can
> I have it?

I can confirm that this happens under V5.8A.  It seems to be fixed in
V5.9C, at least I can't recreate it.
--
USmail: Bob Sloane, University of Kansas Computer Center, Lawrence, KS, 66045
E-mail: sloane@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu, sloane@ukanvax.bitnet, AT&T: (913)864-0444