[news.software.anu-news] Problem with VMS 5.4

WARLICK@AUDUCVAX.BITNET (Chuck Warlick) (06/18/91)

We just installed VMS 5.4 and now find that the version of news that
we have been running (ANU V6.0-1) dies.  It dies during adding
news to the news database but seems to choke on control messages that
create new newsgroups.  The message that we get when it dies is included
below:

                Control: newgroup alt.binaries.pictures.d - Mail to Usenet

%MAIL-E-NOMSG, Message number 007E87DA
%SYSTEM-F-ACCVIO, access violation, reason mask=00, virtual address=004

  Improperly handled condition, image exit forced.

Any help will be appreciated.

Chuck Warlick
Mgr. Network Support
Division of University Computing
Auburn University

Warlick@ducvax.auburn.edu - Internet
Warlick@auducvax    - BITNET

sloane@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (06/19/91)

In article <E288933D94003105@ducvax.auburn.edu>,
 Chuck Warlick <WARLICK@AUDUCVAX.BITNET> writes:
> We just installed VMS 5.4 and now find that the version of news that
> we have been running (ANU V6.0-1) dies.  It dies during adding
> news to the news database but seems to choke on control messages that
> create new newsgroups.

For some reason MAIL operations sometimes require a higher ENQLM under
VMS 5.4.  Try raising ENQLM on the account and see if it fixes the
problem.
--
USmail: Bob Sloane, University of Kansas Computer Center, Lawrence, KS, 66045
E-mail: sloane@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu, sloane@ukanvax.bitnet, AT&T: (913)864-0444