[alt.religion.computers] Mailers are a religion issue

msir@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Mark Sirota) (07/07/89)

Nobody's gonna win this argument.  Can we stop arguing now?
I have no problem with an educated discussion, which might result in the
improvement of our mail software.  However, it's getting a little heated and
pointless, and the cheap shots that have been flying are uncalled for.

Please think twice before following up to either the binmail vs. MMDF or the
MH vs. Mush issues.

Thank you.
--
Mark Sirota - University of Rochester, Rochester, NY
 Internet: msir@cc.rochester.edu

wisner@mica.Berkeley.EDU (Bill Wisner) (07/07/89)

Of course it's a bloody religious issue. Why do you think I created
alt.religion.computers? And why do you think I've been cross-posting
to it?

Bill Wisner		wisner@mica.berkeley.edu	     ucbvax!mica!wisner
I'm not the NRA either.

marc@lakesys.UUCP (Marc Rassbach) (07/07/89)

In article <WISNER.89Jul6214743@anableps.berkeley.edu> wisner@mica.Berkeley.EDU (Bill Wisner) writes:
>Of course it's a bloody religious issue. Why do you think I created
>alt.religion.computers? And why do you think I've been cross-posting
>to it?
>
>Bill Wisner		wisner@mica.berkeley.edu	     ucbvax!mica!wisner

And so the party is now over.   We know who and why the newsgroup exists.
The plot has now been uncovered.

(So much for all of the informative posts here.)

Bill, when do the group kill orders go into effect?

--
Marc Rassbach     marc@lakesys	              If you take my advice, that
"I can't C with my AI closed"                 is your problem, not mine!

ggw@wolves.UUCP (Gregory G. Woodbury) (07/09/89)

In article <WISNER.89Jul6214743@anableps.berkeley.edu> wisner@mica.Berkeley.EDU (Bill Wisner) writes:
>Of course it's a bloody religious issue. Why do you think I created
>alt.religion.computers? And why do you think I've been cross-posting
>to it?

	This article, combined with the current discussions in "short-
circuiting a route" (in comp.mail.misc) suggest an interesting concept.

	Perhaps there ought to be an "ecumenical council" sort of
meeting where all the various groups and individuals concerned with the
transfer and delivery of electronic mail could get together and discuss
the issue in a moderated and calm manner.  This could be done in
conjunction with (at least to start) a USENIX meeting or maybe even the
IFIPS congress.

	Just an interesting idea? Or maybe a new crusade.

--
Greg Woodbury