[alt.religion.computers] Proposal for changes to the newsgroup creation guidlines.

tar@ksuvax1.cis.ksu.edu (Tim Ramsey) (10/18/89)

In the referenced article, Benjamin Chase <bbc@rice.edu> writes:
>Bob Sloane <sloane@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu> presents a proposal:

[ ... ]

>                                   A user-interface expert (such as
>the guy with whom I share an office) would say that your wildcard
>specifications are "too unixy".  Perhaps you've been using Unix and
>its syntax for regular expressions for so long that you don't even see
>this possibility?

Pardon me as I add to the noise here, but I had to chuckle over this.
Kuhub is a VMS system, and Bob is the resident VMS guru.  "Too unixy?"
VMS?  Ha!

(followups to alt.religion.computers :-)

--
Whatever happened to Abba?         Dept. of Computing and Information Sciences
BITNET:   tar@KSUVAX1              Kansas State University, Manhattan KS 66506