[alt.religion.computers] Nested comments

ronald@ibmpcug.co.uk (Ronald Khoo) (10/26/89)

In article <1989Oct25.090616.19276@gdt.bath.ac.uk> exspes@gdr.bath.ac.uk (P E Smee) writes:
>                         I've known PL/1 programmers to avoid commenting
> their code because (since PL/1 comments don't nest) it would inhibit this
> handy testing trick.

Well, I don't know PL/1, so maybe it's a language/compilation system
deficiency, but it sounds more like incompetence to me... what's
wrong with stubs and new code in a fresh source file ?

Anyway, back to C, you have #if 0 (#ifdef notdef to you ancient lot :-)
to fall back on...

Any followups are probably gonna be religious in nature, so I'm taking this
discussion to alt.religion.computers, or maybe it'll die (please!) ?
--
Ronald.Khoo@ibmpcug.CO.UK (The IBM PC User Group, PO Box 360, Harrow HA1 4LQ)
$Header: /users/ronald/.signature,v 1.2 89/10/16 17:14:28 ronald Exp $ :-)