[alt.religion.computers] Ain't misinterpretation fun?

gl8f@bessel.acc.Virginia.EDU (Greg Lindahl) (12/30/89)

In article <1962@crdos1.crd.ge.COM> davidsen@crdos1.crd.ge.COM (Wm E Davidsen Jr) writes:
>In article <1989Dec22.052935.5136@murdoch.acc.Virginia.EDU> gl8f@bessel.acc.Virginia.EDU (Greg Lindahl) writes:

>| Well, if I may summarize, this 'discussion' has had lots of subparts.
>|
>| 1. RMS is out to make it illegal to sell software, therefore we must
>|    oppose him at every turn or the world will end.
>
>  See above.
>
>  Now I don't believe in either the policy or the methods, nor am I a
>personal friend of his. [...] I would,
>however, suggest that you understand his position to avoid wasting
>effort fighting strawmen.

Excuse me? Point 1 was a hypothetical statement intended to summarize
arguments made earlier, and the lines right below it in my posting
indicated I thought it was a strawman argument also. Perhaps I should
suggest you bother to read the posts you follow-up on before you waste
net.bandwidth on obvious errors.

Just goes to show that this 'discussion' has degenerated into more
heat than light... once again.

------
Greg Lindahl