[alt.sources.d] why - your helpful confidant

jgreely@oz.cis.ohio-state.edu (J Greely) (07/26/89)

[shell script deleted]

Gee, I always alias 'why' to 'fortune -o'.  Seems to work.
-=-
J Greely (jgreely@cis.ohio-state.edu; osu-cis!jgreely)

fischer@utower.UUCP (Axel Fischer) (07/28/89)

gandalf@csli.Stanford.EDU (Juergen Wagner) writes:

>Reading through the recent source code (hah!) postings to this newsgroup,
>I get the impression that alt.sources.bozo would be a much better name for
>this newsgroup. I understand that the summer months are months of lower
>activity of most newsgroups... however, do we really have to compensate for
>that by posting 'bozo' and 'why' programs? Come on, show a little bit more
>imagination and creativity, and post something really useful...

I really loved the bozo prg's ! Especially the C-Prg.
Currently Im working on the 80386 assembler portation of it !

-Axel
--
...!uunet!pyramid!tmpmbx!utower!fischer
                                                             Less than zero ...

gandalf@csli.Stanford.EDU (Juergen Wagner) (07/29/89)

Reading through the recent source code (hah!) postings to this newsgroup,
I get the impression that alt.sources.bozo would be a much better name for
this newsgroup. I understand that the summer months are months of lower
activity of most newsgroups... however, do we really have to compensate for
that by posting 'bozo' and 'why' programs? Come on, show a little bit more
imagination and creativity, and post something really useful...

Sigh,
Juergen Wagner		   			gandalf@csli.stanford.edu
						 wagner@arisia.xerox.com

csuwk@warwick.ac.uk (Ade Lovett) (08/04/89)

In article <243@utower.UUCP> fischer@utower.UUCP (Axel Fischer) writes:
> gandalf@csli.Stanford.EDU (Juergen Wagner) writes:

> >Reading through the recent source code (hah!) postings to this newsgroup,
> >I get the impression that alt.sources.bozo would be a much better name for
> >this newsgroup. I understand that the summer months are months of lower
> >activity of most newsgroups... however, do we really have to compensate for
> >that by posting 'bozo' and 'why' programs? Come on, show a little bit more
> >imagination and creativity, and post something really useful...

> I really loved the bozo prg's ! Especially the C-Prg.
> Currently Im working on the 80386 assembler portation of it !

And just so those poor people writing MoD/Dod stuff don't feel left out,
watch this space for the Ada port :-)

aDe

fkk@stasys.UUCP (Frank Kaefer) (08/06/89)

> fischer@utower.UUCP (Axel Fischer) writes ( 9:22 am  Jul 28, 1989 in stasys:alt.sources.d):
> gandalf@csli.Stanford.EDU (Juergen Wagner) writes:
>
> >Reading through the recent source code (hah!) postings to this newsgroup,
> >I get the impression that alt.sources.bozo would be a much better name for
> >this newsgroup.
> >Come on, show a little bit more
> >imagination and creativity, and post something really useful...
>
> I really loved the bozo prg's ! Especially the C-Prg.

Me, too. But since our dog was kicked by a malfunctioning garage door
I had to port the code to our opener because otherwise our dog would get
angry. (I wonder if that sentence is correct English)

Yours, Frank.
--
+--------------------------------+  You look at every face in a crowd