[alt.sources.d] Results of alt.sources renaming

fkk@stasys.UUCP (Frank Kaefer) (11/11/89)

> slocum@hi-csc.UUCP (Brett Slocum) writes (11:04 am  Nov  7, 1989 in stasys:alt.sources.d):
> Subject: Re: Results of alt.sources renaming
> In article <JGREELY.89Nov1210019@oz.cis.ohio-state.edu> J Greely <jgreely@cis.ohio-state.edu> writes:
> >(although alt.source-code.damnit does have a primitive appeal).
>
> I think alt.sources.only.no.discussions.please.you.turkeys would do the trick.
>
> Seriously, I think it is silly to try to convince people to only post
> source code to alt.sources by changing the name.  That kind of like
> Reagan naming the MX missle the Peacekeeper because it will prevent
> a war from starting.

As one of the reasons for this discussion (do you remember my "Help"-
article some months ago ? :) I'd like to support Bretts opinion.
Maybe there should be periodical postings in alt.sources like in
moderated newsgroups that clearly point out the character of the
newsgroup and that tell every reader to direct non-source-postings
to alt.sources.d.

I'd like to greet all people on the net and thank everyone who
reads/writes news for all the news I really love to read.

Yours,
Frank
--
+--------------------------------+ Keep your night light burning