[alt.sources.d] TILE Forth

new@udel.EDU (Darren New) (06/30/90)

Did anybody get a good copy of the TILE Forth stuff that just
came over alt.sources?  It's exactly what I've been looking for,
but it is munged at our site. Could somebody please send me
the real shars if you god a clean version?  Thanks! -- Darren

In article <23211@estelle.udel.EDU> new@ee.udel.edu (Darren New) writes:
>Did anybody get a good copy of the TILE Forth stuff that just
>came over alt.sources?  It's exactly what I've been looking for,
>but it is munged at our site. Could somebody please send me
>the real shars if you god a clean version?  Thanks! -- Darren

It arrived here with 85% or so of the lines missing; I think the
original shar must have had a bad interaction with a news forwarder
somewhere along the way; the remaining lines formed a regular pattern
but both source and shar command lines were obviously missing in
large quantities.  Even the manifest posting looked far too brief
to be real.

I increase the distribution to world to get word back to the author; email
to Europe for me is chancy at best, though I am going to try to get a
note back by email too.

Kent, the man from xanth.

henkf@dnlunx.pttrnl.nl (Henk Fictorie) (06/30/90)

xanthian@zorch.SF-Bay.ORG (Kent Paul Dolan) writes:

>In article <23211@estelle.udel.EDU> new@ee.udel.edu (Darren New) writes:
>>Did anybody get a good copy of the TILE Forth stuff that just
>>came over alt.sources?  It's exactly what I've been looking for,

>It arrived here with 85% or so of the lines missing; I think the

>Kent, the man from xanth.
><xanthian@Zorch.SF-Bay.ORG> <xanthian@well.sf.ca.us>

It arrived here with only the signature in the files, I suggest that
it must be reposted.

--
Henk Fictorie, PTT Research Neher Labs,    H_Fictorie@pttrnl.nl
P.O. box 421,                              ...!hp4nl!dnlunx!henkf

new@udel.EDU (Darren New) (07/03/90)

In article <23211@estelle.udel.EDU> new@ee.udel.edu (Darren New) writes:
>Did anybody get a good copy of the TILE Forth stuff that just
>came over alt.sources?
I did indeed send this to the original poster, even suggesting that he
mail me a copy and I will post it from here, in case that helps.
I have not yet received a response or a bounce.  -- Darren

bsp09@brown.cs.tu-berlin.de (Uebung bsp) (07/04/90)

In article <1233@dnlunx.pttrnl.nl> henkf@dnlunx.pttrnl.nl (Henk Fictorie) writes:
   xanthian@zorch.SF-Bay.ORG (Kent Paul Dolan) writes:

   >In article <23211@estelle.udel.EDU> new@ee.udel.edu (Darren New) writes:
   >>Did anybody get a good copy of the TILE Forth stuff that just
   >>came over alt.sources?  It's exactly what I've been looking for,

   >It arrived here with 85% or so of the lines missing; I think the

   >Kent, the man from xanth.
   ><xanthian@Zorch.SF-Bay.ORG> <xanthian@well.sf.ca.us>

   It arrived here with only the signature in the files, I suggest that
   it must be reposted.

It was the same at our site.
--
-----------------
Juergen Nickelsen

src@scuzzy.uucp (Source Admin) (07/05/90)

henkf@dnlunx.pttrnl.nl (Henk Fictorie) writes:
>It arrived here with only the signature in the files, I suggest that
>it must be reposted.

i agree, seems like the posting went out corrupted.
--
Heiko Blume c/o Diakite   blume@scuzzy.mbx.sub.org    FAX   (+49 30) 882 50 65
Kottbusser Damm 28        blume@netmbx.UUCP           VOICE (+49 30) 691 88 93

jhl@kira.msu.edu (John Lawitzke) (07/11/90)

Well, from recent postings it appears that TILE FOrth 2.0 appeared
garbled everywhere. When is the author going to repost it?

--
j                               |%|John Lawitzke, Dale Computer Corp., R&D
Inquiring minds just wondering. |%|Internet: jhl@frith.egr.msu.edu

new@udel.EDU (Darren New) (07/11/90)

In article <1990Jul11.125426.3106@msuinfo.cl.msu.edu> jhl@kira.msu.edu (John Lawitzke) writes:
>Well, from recent postings it appears that TILE FOrth 2.0 appeared
>garbled everywhere. When is the author going to repost it?

Well, I asked via email and got no response. I even offered to post it
if it was emailed correctly. Maybe if everybody else who wants it
also asks the author, then the author would go to the trouble of redoing it.
		   -- Darren

james@dlss2.UUCP (James Cummings) (07/12/90)

In article <24233@estelle.udel.EDU> new@ee.udel.edu (Darren New) writes:
>In article <1990Jul11.125426.3106@msuinfo.cl.msu.edu> jhl@kira.msu.edu (John Lawitzke) writes:
>>Well, from recent postings it appears that TILE FOrth 2.0 appeared
>>garbled everywhere. When is the author going to repost it?
>
>Well, I asked via email and got no response. I even offered to post it
>if it was emailed correctly. Maybe if everybody else who wants it
>also asks the author, then the author would go to the trouble of redoing it.

	Does anybody have the author's original mailing address?  It got
tossed here as garbled with the rest of the junk-posting.  Maybe we can
ftp the thing and make sure it's cleaned up...then maybe it wasn't worth
having?
--
=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
|Disclaimer:                      | James Cummings                           |

tih@barsoom.nhh.no (Tom Ivar Helbekkmo) (07/12/90)

new@udel.EDU (Darren New) writes:
>> [...] When is the author going to repost it?

>Well, I asked via email and got no response. I even offered to post it
>if it was emailed correctly. Maybe if everybody else who wants it
>also asks the author, then the author would go to the trouble of redoing it.

Let's not be too hasty here...  It's that time of year; I guess he's
on vacation at the moment, and I feel certain that he'll repost when
he gets back.  While I'm writing anyway, let me assure you that the
waiting will be well worth it:  I've had a beta test version of TILE
here for a few months, and it really is the goods!

-tih

--
Tom Ivar Helbekkmo, NHH, Bergen, Norway.  Telephone: +47-5-959205
tih@barsoom.nhh.no, thelbekk@norunit.bitnet, edb_tom@debet.nhh.no

tneff@bfmny0.BFM.COM (Tom Neff) (07/12/90)

In article <965@barsoom.nhh.no> tih@barsoom.nhh.no (Tom Ivar Helbekkmo) writes:
>new@udel.EDU (Darren New) writes:
>Let's not be too hasty here...  It's that time of year; I guess he's
>on vacation at the moment, and I feel certain that he'll repost when
>he gets back.

This illustrates the risks of posting important sources to the net the
day before you leave town.  It's happened a couple of times in the past
year.  If possible, release stuff the week before vacation so there's
time to correct posting errors.

Note: with moderated source groups this is out of the author's control.