[alt.sources.d] System V uptime

len@lsicom2.UU.NET (Len Rose) (10/10/90)

 I don't know what to say... Mr. Haugh has made a grave mistake, and
 may have ruined my second chance for getting a job to support my
 family. The below comments by Mr. Haugh are not true and if they were
 true, I would have been charged. The Secret Service has used this
 outright lie to damage my reputation. Whenever my attorneys confronted
 the SS with this , they have always backed down.

 By this time, this article has spread throughout the net, and there is
 little I can do to control the damage Mr. Haugh has seen fit to inflict.
 Mr. Haugh, I suggest you get yourself a really great attorney, because I
 won't stop until you are made to pay for this.

 (God, I always thought I'd never say something like that on the net)

 Sincerely,

 Len

jfh@rpp386.cactus.org (John F. Haugh II) writes:

#In article <195@netsys.NETSYS.COM> len@netsys.NETSYS.COM (Len Rose) writes:
#>Hi.. I used to have this source, but now it's temporarily
#>unavailable.. (It went with the rest of my software and equipment)
#>
#>If someone can lend a hand and send me a copy, I'd appreciate it.
#>Or, perhaps a pointer to an ftp site.

#just as a note, this is the same len rose that sold stolen
#computer equipment to a number of close personal friends of
#mine.  there has never been any doubt in their minds that
#len was well aware of the stolen-ness of the equipment which
#he was selling them.

#perhaps we could have mr. rose detail the circumstances
#surrounding his arrest, including the reasons and evidence
#which the government has.  giving aid or comfort to mr. rose
#would be akin to giving benedict arnold a congressional
#medal of honor.

#it is also worth noting that a number of people involved
#in operation sun devil have had some direct or indirect
#dealings with mr. rose.  giving him source code would be
#like giving the government an excuse to search and sieze
#your computer.
#--
#John F. Haugh II                             UUCP: ...!cs.utexas.edu!rpp386!jfh
#Ma Bell: (512) 832-8832                           Domain: jfh@rpp386.cactus.org
#"SCCS, the source motel!  Programs check in and never check out!"
#		-- Ken Thompson

mpledger@cti1.UUCP (Mark Pledger) (10/12/90)

Can we please move this flame to a more appropriate newsgroup.

--
Sincerely,

Mark Pledger

CTI                              |              (703) 685-5434 [voice]
2121 Crystal Drive               |              (703) 685-7022 [fax]
Suite 103                        |
Arlington, DC  22202             |              mpledger@cti.com

laird@chinet.chi.il.us (Laird J. Heal) (10/12/90)

In article <1096@lsicom2.UU.NET> len@lsicom2.UU.NET (Len Rose) writes:

>[a lot of almost whining - but Len has seemed to be telling it straight]
>
>jfh@rpp386.cactus.org (John F. Haugh II) writes:
>
>>[a lot of scandalous if not libelious stuff not worth repeating]

Len, you haven't painted a too-rosy picture of yourself, but Mr. Haugh
seems to like to stir up tempests in any tea-pots he can discern.

If you are scared that he will "haugh" and "paugh" and "blow your house
down, well, get rid of the sticks and pick up the bricks...

And now, children, good evening.

Laird J. Heal
--
My .signature is on vacation ------------- like me!