[alt.sources.d] Brand-X BBS. V2+

bmw@isgtec.uucp (Bruce M. Walker) (01/16/91)

In article <287@dogear.UUCP> root@dogear.UUCP (Bob Kirkpatrick) writes:
> Early last year, I released a Bourne Shell BBS. I was asked to duplicate
> and simplify the essential functions. This version is written in C, and
> includes the source code.
               ^^^^^^

> begin 644 brand-x.zoo
> M6D]/(#(N,# @07)C:&EV92X:  #<I\3]*@   -;___\"  $        !W*?$
> M_0(!:S8  '$    O%FX&NJ>D40  ^C4   $           !B>
> [...etc.]

A lesson for those who shun .Z and .zoo files in "sources" groups.  Keep
on shunning.  I stupidly proceeded to unpack this sucker (against my better
initial judgement).  Here is what crawled out:

	bx		- data
	bx.c
	bx.doc
	clear		- data
	fortune		- data
	fortunes
	menu.001
	strstr.c
	strstr.o	- data
	usrfile
	welcome

What is "bx" supposed to be?  Oh, I know, an executable!  For what??
Oh, at least bx.c is there.  What is "clear", or "fortune"?  Can I link
to "strstr.o"?  I guess that is what the "alt" in alt.sources means.
These are an alternative form of source ... one that cannot be used.

--
bmw@isgtec.uucp  [ ..uunet!utai!lsuc!isgtec!bmw ]  Bruce Walker