[alt.sources.d] Fortran to C

morten@cs.qmw.ac.uk (Morten Ronseth) (02/08/91)

I have recently been trying to compile dungeon, on a
Sun 3/60, but the linking stage comes up with:
	undefined symbol:
	_units

Now, there is no "_units" in any of the source files,
so I really do not know what's going on.

So, my request is as follows: Is there anywhere a
Fortran to C translator, so that I could take the
original sources (in Fortran) and magically have them
in C just a few moments later?
Please tell me there is!!

aTdHvAaNnKcSe

		Morten.
Morten Lerskau Ronseth             UUCP:   morten@qmw-cs.uucp
Dept. of Computer Science          JANET:  morten@uk.ac.qmw.cs
Queen Mary and Westfield College   ARPA:   morten%cs.qmw.ac.uk@nsf.ac.uk
Mile End Road                      Easylink:  19019285
London E1 4NS                      Tlf:       071 975 5220/31/47
England.                           Dept. fax: 081 980 6533

peda@simplicity.Stanford.EDU (Bill Codding) (02/08/91)

In article <3318@sequent.cs.qmw.ac.uk> morten@cs.qmw.ac.uk (Morten Ronseth) writes:

   I have recently been trying to compile dungeon, on a
   Sun 3/60, but the linking stage comes up with:
	   undefined symbol:
	   _units

We had this very same problem.  It was a while ago, but if
I remember correctly it was due to a mismatch between the
Sun OS and the Sun Fortran compiler.  I am fairly sure that
we fixed it with an upgrade to the Fortran compiler.

   So, my request is as follows: Is there anywhere a
   Fortran to C translator, so that I could take the
   original sources (in Fortran) and magically have them
   in C just a few moments later?

I recall the existence of a "f2c" program, possibly put out
by the GNU people.  Look in a GNU archive.

  Bill Codding                                       (415)493-3554 (w)
  Research Engineer                                  (415)751-5484 (h)
  P.E.D.A.                                peda@simplicity.Stanford.EDU

slamont@network.ucsd.edu (Steve Lamont) (02/10/91)

In article <PEDA.91Feb7183939@simplicity.Stanford.EDU> peda@simplicity.Stanford.EDU (Bill Codding) writes:
>I recall the existence of a "f2c" program, possibly put out
>by the GNU people.  Look in a GNU archive.

Nope, not quite.  f2c is from AT&T and lives on research.att.com
(192.20.225.2) in the directory dist/f2c.  It may be elsewhere, as well, but
that should be the authoritative source.

							spl (the p stands for
							pleased to be of
							service...)
--
Steve Lamont, SciViGuy -- (408) 646-2572 -- a guest at network.ucsd.edu --
NPS Confuser Center / Code 51 / Naval Postgraduate School / Monterey, CA 93943