[alt.sources.d] Changing alt.sources to comp.something

ejo@ims.alaska.edu (Eric Olson) (02/18/91)

In article <1991Feb17.232832.18326@convex.com> tchrist@convex.COM (Tom Christiansen) writes:

>On a somewhat unrelated note, can we change alt.sources to be called
>comp.sources.free or comp.sources.any or something?  Not everyone gets it,
>and it is quite valuable despite the occasional dross that shows up
>there.

It actually fits in pretty well with comp.sources.misc, doesn't it?

Eric Olson <ejo@ims.alaska.edu> Gryphon Gang Fairbanks AK 99775
"Eric Olson doesn't exist." -Patricio O. Tuama, rissa@gargoyle.uchicago.edu

From the keyboard of ejo@ims.alaska.edu (Eric Olson):
:In article <1991Feb17.232832.18326@convex.com> tchrist@convex.COM (Tom Christiansen) writes:
:
:>On a somewhat unrelated note, can we change alt.sources to be called
:>comp.sources.free or comp.sources.any or something?  Not everyone gets it,
:>and it is quite valuable despite the occasional dross that shows up
:>there.
:
:It actually fits in pretty well with comp.sources.misc, doesn't it?

Well, yes, except that comp.sources.misc is moderated.  I'm not saying
to make comp.sources.misc unmoderated, just to add back the unmoderated
sources group into the comp.sources hierarchy somewhere.  I guess that
comp.sources.misc.something would be ok.

--tom
--
Tom Christiansen		tchrist@convex.com	convex!tchrist
 "All things are possible, but not all expedient."  (in life, UNIX, and perl)