[rec.music.gaffa] Katemas Present

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (06/29/89)

Really-From: nbc@informatics.rutherford.ac.uk

Well if we were all rich (like all those Californians!) we could
club together to buy Kate a machine, some X.25 software, a PSS line
and a subscription to UKnet and then we could all inundate her with
email and Love-hounds digests. On second thoughts, perhaps Kate would
prefer IED's suggestion of flowers or chocolates.

Neil

P.S. It's not my birthday but I still would like *someone* to mail me
the images of Kate for a Sun. There are others in the UK who would also
like them - and I can pass them on.

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (06/30/89)

Really-From: JONES%RPIECS.BITNET@mitvma.mit.edu

Hello again--
  At Tracey's coaxing for ideas and IED's suggestions for potential
Katemas presents, here's my opinion:

  Go for the white roses, full speed ahead.  I don't know of any woman
who couldn't resist a big fragrant bouquet of roses.  My only other
thought is that, rather than WRAP ivy AROUND the flowers, to just mix
it in with the blooms and let it kind of trail gracefully around....

  So, there you have my two cents' worth again.  But by all means, let's
do something for Kate...she's been so good to us, it's the least we can
do!

                                            All the best,
                                               Deb Wentorf

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (06/30/89)

Really-From: mcrware!jejones@uunet.uu.net (James Jones)

In article <8906292318.AA06394@EDDIE.MIT.EDU> you write:
>Really-From: JONES%RPIECS.BITNET@mitvma.mit.edu
>
>Hello again--
>  At Tracey's coaxing for ideas and IED's suggestions for potential
>Katemas presents, here's my opinion:
>
>  Go for the white roses, full speed ahead.  I don't know of any woman
>who couldn't resist a big fragrant bouquet of roses.

Hmmm...I once read a fascinating book, a biography of a British rose grower.
(The book was, of course, perfumed. :-)  In it, he claimed that men preferred
red roses, while women preferred yellow.

I don't know whether he's right, so perhaps the best thing is to give an
assortment.  (Come to think of it, though, since he mentions men, does
anyone send anything to Kate's brothers?  Not necessarily for Katemas, but
it seems to me that they should be appreciated too!)

	James Jones

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (07/01/89)

Really-From: KROVETZ@cs.umass.EDU

I think sending Kate white roses is an excellent idea.  I
also like the suggestion of including some ivy.

Side note to IED:  I tried mailing you a message directly, but
I don't know if it got through.  My check and SASE is in the
mail, but it might get to you a day or two late.  I had to give
a talk at a conference and couldn't afford the time to go to
the post office earlier.  Please don't send it back unopened!

-bob

krovetz@cs.umass.edu (internet)
krovetz@umass (bitnet)

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (07/05/89)

Really-From: JONES%RPIECS.BITNET@mitvma.mit.edu

Hello all--
  Upon seeing IED's note regarding the cost of a dozen roses for the
fair Miss Kate, all I have to say is:

  IED, if you want further donations to the cause, I do have your home
address, and I would be more than happy to send you a check for $6.50,
if that's what most people are donating.

  I only have one request, though....somehow, I would like to see just
what our purchase looks like before it gets sent off to Kate, so if you
manage to get a picture, I'll give you my address so you can send me a
copy??

                                         Thanks much,
                                            Deb Wentorf

tracyr@UUNET.UU.NET (Tracy Roberts) (07/07/89)

In article <8906301058.AA12727@mcrware.com> Love-Hounds@GAFFA.MIT.EDU writes:
>Really-From: mcrware!jejones@uunet.uu.net (James Jones)
>
>>  [...]
>>
>>  Go for the white roses, full speed ahead.  I don't know of any woman
>>who couldn't resist a big fragrant bouquet of roses.

yes, i agree--i for one, would find white roses quite irresistable.
i vote for this (over assorted colors)...

i offer my house for a KaTemas celebraTion for the santa cruz
chapter of lovehounds (or anyone else who's in the bay area
around july 30th...).

-tracy
...!uunet!tracyr,
tracyr@sco.com

wsj@hplabs.UUCP (Bill Johnson) (07/08/89)

>i offer my house for a KaTemas celebraTion for the santa cruz
>chapter of lovehounds (or anyone else who's in the bay area
>around july 30th...).
>
>-tracy
>...!uunet!tracyr,
>tracyr@sco.com

I would love to come, if you're having a KT celebration!  IED's place is just
too far for me...  Let us know the details if you decide to do it!

Bill