[rec.music.gaffa] west-coast KaTemas

tracyr@UUNET.UU.NET (jane smallberries) (07/12/89)

well, i've gotten some electronic encouragement to have
a KaTemas celebration here in santa cruz, for all us
central california/bay area love-hounds.  i earlier
expressed interest in going to l.a., however, because of
ied's supply of KaTe media.  the new question is:

andrew, can you convince ied to come to santa cruz for
KaTemas?  i'm sure the love-hounds in this area would love
to see him, and he could bring all his videos, cd's, etc.
besides, tim maroney is in the san francisco area, it seems.
if both you guys show up, we could have a little "bury the
haTcheT riTual"?!!

-tracy
...!uunet!sco!tracyr.
tracyr@sco.com

tim@toad.COM (Tim Maroney) (07/13/89)

In article <3013@scolex.sco.COM> tracyr@sco.com wrote:
>besides, tim maroney is in the san francisco area, it seems.
>if both you guys show up, we could have a little "bury the
>haTcheT riTual"?!!

It's kind of you to think of me.  However, I find devotional
personalities highly annoying, and for that reason, I would no more
consider attending a "KaTemas" party than I would, say, a Neo-Pagan
summer solstive ritual.  I prefer my minds unfettered.
Postal: 424 Tehama, SF CA 94103; Phone: (415) 495-2934

"God must be a Boogie Man." -- Joni Mitchell

relph@PRESTO.IG.COM (John M. Relph) (07/13/89)

In article <8907121812.AA18682@hop.toad.com> tim@toad.COM (Tim Maroney) writes:
>It's kind of you to think of me.  However, I find devotional
>personalities highly annoying, and for that reason, I would no more
>consider attending a "KaTemas" party than I would, say, a Neo-Pagan
>summer solstive ritual.

Well, I would consider attending a party with such people, merely
because I wouldn't mind meeting some of these people with no faces
that address me at my screen every day.  It would not be my goal to
come to such a gathering for the purpose of "worship" (KT, Neo-Pagan,
or otherwise), and besides, I don't think I have a "devotional"
personality (though I may be annoying in spite of that fact).  I would
not assume that all of these people who read Love-Hounds (aka Gaffa)
are "worshippers", after all, I have at least two examples to the
contrary (you, Tim, and myself).

Unfortunately, your statement that you wouldn't consider attending has
the effect of representing yourself as a person who, because of your
non-devotional personality, is superior than those other low-minded
folks who would consider attending.  This appears to be a very
conceited attitude, no matter its intentions.

>  I prefer my minds unfettered.

The truth is told.  :-)

But if you think you would be placing your mind in fetters by
attending such a possibly ritualistic assembly such as a Katemas party
or a neo-pagan ritual (not to mention the odd Christian wedding --
ever been to one of those?) then you are admitting that you have a
weak mind, and would be "converted" merely by association.  Which I
doubt.

C'mon Tim, give us some credit.  We're not as dumb, as "devotional",
nor as rude as you think.  Although I'll be the first to admit that I
have no morals and that I'm an asshole.

So, where's the Northern California Katemas Party?

	-- John
--
Be careful what you say about others

ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi) (07/14/89)

Hi, everybody.  This is my first posting ever, so please bear with me.

I've been a Kate fan for about six years now, but I've only just gotten
access to the net.  I'm *very* interested in a Katemas party in Santa
Cruz.  If this idea works out, could you give me directions?

I tried to mail this directly to tracyr, but I couldn't get through.
I apologize for wasting space on the net.  Good luck sending mail to me --
mail is kind of iffy on my machine.

By the way, exactly who is IED?

Thanks,
Ed