[rec.music.gaffa] Katemas on the east coast??

gld@CUNIXD.CC.COLUMBIA.EDU (Gary L Dare) (07/10/89)

In article <Jul.10.09.54.58.1989.5650@rutgers.edu> Jessica Koeppel wrote:

>There has been much discussion about a west coast Katemas, but what
>about an East coast celebration??

Great idea!  The bad/good news is that the best place to have it is in
Toronto, Ontario 'cos people will actually know of KT up there
(although Winnipeg, Manitoba - my home town - is THE Kate Bush centre
of North America; the first ever KT convention in N.A. was held
there).  If you're lucky, you might luck out and pick up a few UK
edition CDs at domestic prices (that's C$20-23 )-; ).

The bad news is that there are no discount air connections to T.O.; you
can fly to Buffalo and take an airport bus in, though.
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ je me souviens ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Gary L. Dare				> gld@eevlsi.ee.columbia.EDU

bloch%mandrill@UCSD.EDU (Steve Bloch) (07/15/89)

gld@CUNIXD.CC.COLUMBIA.EDU (Gary L Dare) writes:
>Great idea!  The bad/good news is that the best place to have it is in
>Toronto, Ontario 'cos people will actually know of KT up there

Come to think of it, people might actually know of Jane Siberry in
Toronto, it being Her home town.  Naw...

"A crystalline set of dominoes / Except not really crystalline;
And sort of domino-like, / But not really." -- Jane Siberry

bloch%cs@ucsd.edu