[rec.music.gaffa] Sensual World / Alan Stivell

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (08/18/89)

Really-From: munnari!uowcsa.oz.au!u8530671%uowcsa.cs.uow.oz.OZ@uunet.UU.NET (Scunge)

From Love-Hounds%GAFFA.MIT.EDU@munnari.oz Wed Aug 16 06:43:39 1989
From: Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: The Sensual World/Dave Gilmour/Sam Brown
Date: 15 Aug 89 20:43:39 GMT
Sender: daemon@bloom-beacon.MIT.EDU

In article <8908161820.AA13283@ucscc.UCSC.EDU>, sco!scol!craig@ucscc.UCSC.EDU
wrote:
> [Stuff about Kate's albumn deleted]
>
>Now who's Alan Stivell?

	Alan Stivell is a British (?) Celtic Harp player. He has four
albumns that I know of:

	1. The Renaissance of the Celtic Harp.
	2. Celtic Symphony.
	3. & 4. I can't quite remember because I don't own either of them.

	His first two albumns were fairly traditional, but I believe
his other two have a more "New Age" quality to them. In Britain,
his albumns are distributed by Rounder Records. In Australia, they
MIGHT be distributed by Larrikin Records.

	Personally, I do like his albumns. He has a very "soft" style
of harp-playing.

	I hope that helped.

			Mark "Scunge" Wann
			u8530671@uowcsa

"There is an accidental Power on words."
	- Frank Herbert

thomas@irisa.irisa.fr (Henry Thomas) (08/18/89)

> Really-From: munnari!uowcsa.oz.au!u8530671%uowcsa.cs.uow.oz.OZ@uunet.UU.NET (Scunge)

> From Love-Hounds%GAFFA.MIT.EDU@munnari.oz Wed Aug 16 06:43:39 1989
>>Now who's Alan Stivell?
>
> 	Alan Stivell is a British (?) Celtic Harp player. He has four
                          ^^^^^^^ -> AAAARRRHHH !
Sorry, but Alan Stivell is French. Your confusion might come from the fact
Alan is "Breton" i.e. comes from Britanny (the western part of France where
american tankers crash and people are still not indemnified 12 years later).
Stivell has been very popular in the mid-seventies, when the folk movement
was on its crest, then was a little forgot. At the time Alan seems to be
coming be back...
					Henry.