[rec.music.gaffa] Innocence ____?

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (10/04/89)

Really-From: Michael Mendelson <mendel@cs.uiuc.edu>

Had a nice chat with Vickie Mapes last night.
She mentioned something about a new album by Innocence ______
which she thought was excellent.  Trouble is, I've forgotten
the _____ part of their name.   Does anyone know it and/or the name
of this album?  Has anyone else heard it?
			        			.
			 			 /\/\  / /\/\
						/ / /_/ / / /

						"No ringy ding hustlers,
						 No sabre-tooth neighbours"

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (10/04/89)

Really-From: Woj <woiccare@clutx.clarkson.edu>

> Michael Mendelson <mendel@cs.uiuc.edu>
>
> Had a nice chat with Vickie Mapes last night.
> She mentioned something about a new album by Innocence ______
> which she thought was excellent.  Trouble is, I've forgotten
> the _____ part of their name.   Does anyone know it and/or the name
> of this album?  Has anyone else heard it?

I own it and it's very good! KT-influenced, but by no means an imitation!
The singer (Karen Peris) sounds similar to Edie Brickell in some ways also,
but it's still a good album ;)

Really-From: portuesi%tweezers.esd.sgi.com@sgi.sgi.com (Michael Portuesi)

   > Michael Mendelson <mendel@cs.uiuc.edu>
   >
   > Had a nice chat with Vickie Mapes last night.
   > She mentioned something about a new album by Innocence ______
   > which she thought was excellent.  Trouble is, I've forgotten
   > the _____ part of their name.   Does anyone know it and/or the name
   > of this album?  Has anyone else heard it?

   I own it and it's very good! KT-influenced, but by no means an imitation!
   The singer (Karen Peris) sounds similar to Edie Brickell in some ways also,
   but it's still a good album ;)

   woj --- woiccare@clutx.clarkson.edu

The name of the group is "Innocence Mission".

Watching the video for their single, I kept thinking "10000 Maniacs".
Does anybody else think they're 10000 Maniacs wanna-be's too?

			--M

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (10/07/89)

Really-From: emilio!telesci!ashepps@pyrnj.pyramid.com (Anton C Shepps)

In article <8910040102.AA03523@m.cs.uiuc.edu> Love-Hounds@GAFFA.MIT.EDU writes:
>Really-From: Michael Mendelson <mendel@cs.uiuc.edu>
>
>Had a nice chat with Vickie Mapes last night.
>She mentioned something about a new album by Innocence ______
>which she thought was excellent.  Trouble is, I've forgotten
>the _____ part of their name.   Does anyone know it and/or the name
>of this album?  Has anyone else heard it?

The Innocence Mission.

I see there is already a reply to your post...  let me just add that I
think the Innocence Mission album is the greatest thing since sliced bread.
KT fans would certainly appreciate it very much; it's "KT-esque".  The music
is complex, and piano/keyboard-based; the vocals are terrific.  Everyone
should go out and buy it, immediately!
      Tony Shepps  ashepps@telesci.uucp  (...!princeton!telesci!ashepps)
 "No nation is drunken where wine is cheap; and none sober where the dearness
  of wine substitutes ardent spirits as its common beverage."  -T. Jefferson