[rec.music.gaffa] TSW rasterfile

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (10/19/89)

Really-From: Steve Jacquot <saj@lucifer.psyc.virginia.edu>

In article <8910181253.AA07571@EDDIE.MIT.EDU> Deb Wentorf writes:

>P.S.  Someone commented earlier on the "lameness" of the front picture.  I
>      really disagree.  The lack of color forces you to search elsewhere
>      in the photo.  You can't look away from those eyes, but if you do,
>      you see and can almost imagine the velvety feel of those rose petals,
>      can see the creamy slice of bare shoulder.  It's a very seductive
>      picture; what could better convey the idea of sensuality/sexuality?

Speaking of which, does anyone want a sun rasterfile of the TSW album cover?
I've got one here and wouldn't mind sending out a few copies.  It's 147520
bytes, compressed and uuencoded; is that too big to post?  Is there an
anonymous ftp site somewhere that will carry it?  |>oug, do you want it
for the L-H archives?

Reply to saj@lucifer.psyc.virginia.edu

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (10/20/89)

In article <8910191614.AA11043@lucifer.psyc.Virginia.EDU> I wrote:
>... does anyone want a sun rasterfile of the TSW album cover?

I forgot to mention, it's a grayscale image, so unless you have
an 8-bit framebuffer (although it uses only 4 bits) it won't be
much good.  Unless you want to half-tone it yourself, or otherwise
convert it to your favorite format.

Really-From: Doug Alan <nessus@athena.mit.edu>

> Speaking of which, does anyone want a sun rasterfile of the TSW
> album cover?  I've got one here and wouldn't mind sending out a few
> copies.  It's 147520 bytes, compressed and uuencoded; is that too
> big to post?  Is there an anonymous ftp site somewhere that will
> carry it?  |>oug, do you want it for the L-H archives?

No, don't post it!  It's too big.  I'll put it in the Love-Hounds
archives, available for anonymous FTP if someone will make an X
version of it too.

|>oug

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (10/25/89)

Really-From: reynhout@wpi.wpi.edu (Andrew Reynhout)

  In a post on rec.music.gaffa (Kate is God!), you mentioned someone sending
a sun raster file of the album cover to the "LoveHounds Archives" (or similar)
   As a longtime Kate Bush fan, and probably the only one here in Worcester, I
would be very interested in perusing the archives...is there an ftp site?

   Thanks
   Andrew

--
  Andrew Reynhout   (Internet: reynhout@wpi.wpi.edu)

  "Maybe if we pretend this never happened, they'll all just...go away."
                                           - Laurie Anderson

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (10/25/89)

Really-From: scott@cs.odu.edu (Scott Yelich)

>      As a longtime Kate Bush fan, and probably the only one here in
> Worcester, I would be very interested in perusing the archives...is there
> an ftp site?

Hmmm.. I personally have a scanner.  I also have all of Kate's released CDs.
I do not like distributing copyrighted stuff.... but...
ftp 128.82.8.1 and cd to scott...
I have just added the ``tsw''

 Scott D. Yelich                                 scott@cs.odu.edu [128.82.8.1]
 After he pushed me off the cliff, he asked me, as I fell, ``Why'd you jump?''

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (10/26/89)

Really-From: dutchman@wpi.wpi.edu (the flying)

don't be so egotistical... there are 30,000 college students here,
most of whom don't have access to the net....  besides, there are two
living in my apartment!

jonathan