[rec.music.gaffa] The album's cover

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (10/22/89)

Really-From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi)

Although I really like the album, I have some problems with the
cover.  I hope I won't be called a heretic for saying this.

Most importantly, there's not enough contrast between the dark
cover and the bronze writing.  The title cannot be read from any
distance.

Of less importance, every time I look at the cover I get the feeling
that someone who didn't like Kate stuffed a flower in her mouth
in order to shut her up!

Ed (Edward Suranyi)        |"The Amazing Kate has finally shown that her
Dept. of Applied Science   |cult knew what it was talking about all along."
UC Davis/Livermore         |   -- Terry Atkinson, _L.A. Times_
ed@das.llnl.gov            | (in review of _Hounds Of Love_)

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (10/23/89)

Really-From: djjouellette@lion.waterloo.edu (Daniel JJ Ouellette)

This may have nothing to do with anything, but here goes.

I Canada, the cd version has the cover of the 12" screened onto the front
of the disc.  This was a very nice jesture on the part of the manufacturers.

Do any of the other releases (ie US, UK, etc. ) have this as well.

Thats all folks, Danny

.dpt

 \					  _______
  \		  ___			 /	 \

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (10/24/89)

Really-From: drivax!liberato@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Jimmy Liberato)

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU writes:

>Really-From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi)

>Of less importance, every time I look at the cover I get the feeling
>that someone who didn't like Kate stuffed a flower in her mouth
>in order to shut her up!

Everyone to whom I've shown the cover comments on the "psychotic stare"
(or words to those effect).  It certainly is cold.  I am one who bought
_HOL_ sound unheard (and artist unknown) based strictly on the cover
photos (and the intriguing Tennyson quote).  I do that once in a while
and usually am not dissapointed.  Yes, I'm sure the photo has great
aesthetic merit but it doesn't seem to fit the title of the album.  Well,
actually it does seem to fit someone who would be inclined to launch herself
from Waterloo bridge. :-)

--
Jimmy Liberato   ...!amdahl!drivax!liberato

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (10/25/89)

Really-From: gatech.edu!mit-eddie!eddie.mit.edu!henrik@cs.utexas.edu (Larry DeLuca)

Cold?  ***COLD***???  I cream my jeans everytime she turns those
eyes on me.  I want to take that rose in my teeth, snatch it away,
grab her lustfully, and help her abandon all self-control whatsoever
by .., er,um, sorry - forgot this was a family mailing list.

					larry...

					MMMMM, Yes!

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (10/25/89)

Really-From: stewarte@ucscc.UCSC.EDU (The Man Who Invented Himself)

Was I only dreaming, or did ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi) actually say:

>Although I really like the album, I have some problems with the
>cover.  I hope I won't be called a heretic for saying this.

Blasphemer!! Heathen!! Burn him!!

>Of less importance, every time I look at the cover I get the feeling
>that someone who didn't like Kate stuffed a flower in her mouth
>in order to shut her up!

Heh heh...now _I_ won't be able to look at the cover without thinking
this, either!  Thanks a lot, Ed...by the way, does anyone else find
the big-eyed, wispy-banged KaTe on the cover looks kinda like Jane
Wiedlin (ex-GoGos)?  Talk about heresy....

--
"I have screaming rabbits in my dreams."
			-- beckyw

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (10/25/89)

Really-From: Woj <woiccare@clutx.clarkson.edu>

> Really-From: stewarte@ucscc.UCSC.EDU (The Man Who Invented Himself)

Are you a Robyn Hitchcock fan?

> Heh heh...now _I_ won't be able to look at the cover without thinking
> this, either!  Thanks a lot, Ed...by the way, does anyone else find
> the big-eyed, wispy-banged KaTe on the cover looks kinda like Jane
> Wiedlin (ex-GoGos)?  Talk about heresy....

What I want to know is if her hair is still long! I haven't seen any
recent pix, so if someone could confirm this for me I would be greatly
obliged!

woj --- woiccare@clutx.clarkson.edu

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (10/26/89)

Really-From: Jon Drukman <jsd@GAFFA.MIT.EDU>

>Really-From: Woj <woiccare@clutx.clarkson.edu>
>What I want to know is if her hair is still long! I haven't seen any
>recent pix, so if someone could confirm this for me I would be greatly
>obliged!

Oh yeah.  Take a look at the single cover for TSW.  There you will
find the celebrated "pre-Raphaelite" mane in full effect.  (God, I
wish interviewers would stop calling Kate's hair "pre-Raphaelite",
I mean, she's only 30 years old, for chrissake!  And we're supposed
to believe the hair's been around for much longer than that??  Good
gravy! :-)

--
+---------------------- Is there any ESCAPE from NOISE? ----------------------+
|  |   |\       | jsd@gaffa.mit.edu | "I like George Bush, but this `kinder,  |

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (10/26/89)

Really-From: Woj <woiccare@clutx.clarkson.edu>

> Really-From: Jon Drukman <jsd@GAFFA.MIT.EDU>

>>Really-From: Woj <woiccare@clutx.clarkson.edu>
>>What I want to know is if her hair is still long! I haven't seen any
>>recent pix, so if someone could confirm this for me I would be greatly
>>obliged!

> Oh yeah.  Take a look at the single cover for TSW.

Thank you very much - I have been unable to find a copy of the single
in any format (donations accepted readily!).

woj --- woiccare@clutx.clarkson.edu