[rec.music.gaffa] TSW Video on Rage, ABC Australia

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (10/30/89)

Really-From: munnari!wraith.cs.uow.oz.au!stephen@uunet.UU.NET (The Mighty Ogbo)

The Sensual World video is slowly starting to get some play in Australia. I
happened to see it on Rage, on the ABC on Saturday and Friday Nights. This
was Saturday morning at about 2:30 AM.

I had just finshed watching a movie on another channel and was flipping
channels in search of something else to relieve my boredom. Talk about well
relieved!! "Kate" I cried to Al, who was sitting there. Shame he looked at
me as if to say, "So What!" I'll convert him yet.

At least I got to make Graham (graham@wraith.uow.cs.oz.au) really really
jealous!

We tried again the other night with video remote contol in hand, but MTV
in Australia never played it. Damn!

Stephen Nicholson (The Mighty Ogbo)                    stephen@wraith.cs.uow.oz

"I'll bet you're the sort of bloke who pulls his undies out of his bum with his
 finger when he's talking to someone..." - Black Alice - "Sons of Steel"

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (10/31/89)

Really-From: munnari!wraith.cs.uow.oz.au!graham@uunet.UU.NET (Graham Dombkins)

In article <340@wraith.cs.uow.oz>, Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU writes:
> Really-From: munnari!wraith.cs.uow.oz.au!stephen@uunet.UU.NET (The Mighty Ogbo)
>
> At least I got to make Graham (graham@wraith.uow.cs.oz.au) really really
> jealous!

	AAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGG!!!!!! IT"S NOT FAIR!!!!!!!!!!!! <pant, pant>

> We tried again the other night with video remote contol in hand, but MTV
> in Australia never played it. Damn!

	They wont play it on radio either! It's like it never was. Boy, the
music scene around here can really get you down!! Thank God (KT :-)) for Rage!

- Graham

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (10/31/89)

Really-From: munnari!mimir.mlb.dmt.oz.au!dcm@uunet.UU.NET (Dennis Mills)

From article <351@wraith.cs.uow.oz>, by Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU:
> Really-From: munnari!wraith.cs.uow.oz.au!graham@uunet.UU.NET (Graham Dombkins)
>
> 	They wont play it on radio either! It's like it never was. Boy, the
> music scene around here can really get you down!! Thank God (KT :-)) for Rage!

Untrue! I have heard it played several times on Melbourne's MMM FM, and my
radio listning is very casual and sporadic.

Dennis
--
Dennis Mills,					PHONE:  +61 (03)487-9258
CSIRO Division of Manufacturing Technology,	ACSNET: dcm@mimir.dmt.oz