[rec.music.gaffa] Doctor _Who_?

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (10/31/89)

Really-From: Julian.West@mac.dartmouth.edu

Timo writes:

> I remember about a year and a half ago there was much discussion about the
new
> Kate album that was supposed to be released in November (1988) and would
have
> a "Dr. Who" theme.

> What ever happened to that album?

What happened was that (this being October, the tenth
month), "about a year and a half ago" was the fourth
month of 1988, namely April. Someone decided to have
an April Fool's joke, presumably not realizing that it
would delude anyone, let alone for upwards of a year.

Can we have a serious discussion about removing all
sources of humour from Love-Hounds, given the large
number of subscribers who are unable to distinguish
them?        ( :-) ! :-) !!! )

Julian

nessus@ATHENA.MIT.EDU (Doug Alan) (11/03/89)

> Can we have a serious discussion about removing all
> sources of humour from Love-Hounds, given the large
> number of subscribers who are unable to distinguish
> them?

> Julian

It is done.  I have installed a new program I have been working on as
an automatic filter for Love-Hounds.  It is quite a revolution in
Artificial Intelligence and removes all humor (and humour too) from
any text.  It is designed to be installed in any mail system and I
expect that when widely used it will greatly increase the productivity
in the workforce of hi-tech companies.