[rec.music.gaffa] *** KATE ON US MTV 11/2/89 & 11/6/89!!!! ***

mifflin@cbnewsd.ATT.COM (arthur.w.mifflin) (11/08/89)

Hello to all fans of Kate!

As noted here in Love Hounds, MTV also played "Love And Anger" 11/6
on the Now Hear This! show. (6:30 and 11:00 pm CST).  This time, I was
prepared for and taped both (in NTSC stereo, Beta 1S Super Beta HiFi).

WARNING TO ANYONE WHO TAPED THE "WORLD PREMIERE"!!!
MTV chopped the end of the video!!!  I was intensively mad, and the only
thing that kept me from calling the cable company and having them remove the
entire cable hook-up was the 11:00 pm rebroadcast.  This was thankfully NOT
cut (or MTV AND my cable company would have gotten SERIOUS abuse!).

This will probably be the video played on 120 minutes next Sunday.  (11:00
pm - 1:00 am CST Sunday Night).  They have made no mention at all of any
other videos from The Sensual World.

Has anyone else noticed that one (and only one!) of the short band clips,
the snare drum is hit on the ONE and THREE (not TWO and FOUR!) beats AND IS
NOT PROPERLY SYNCED WITH THE AUDIO!!!  (Which is on TWO and FOUR!).
In all other shots, the snare sounds when it is hit.  This is unusual for a
Kate video!!!

Arthur Mifflin (mifflin@ihuxy.att.com)

clutx.clarkson.EDU@franceee@image.soe (Eric France,,,") (11/09/89)

Someone wondered "if they kept the laugh" on the L&A video....well,
since he also said he had the CD, I'm surprised he didn't notice that
the giggle is the beginning of "The Fog" track, not the end of L&A...
I wouldn't expect it to be on the video...

I plan to have a U-Matic recording Sunday night/Monday morning...

Eric France                       "We're building a house of    __
franceee@clutx.clarkson.edu        the future together..."   -- |<

"Okay, you, I know I'm out here so let me in!!!"   -- Phil A. Delphia

ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi) (11/10/89)

In article <1989Nov9.151156.2140@sun.soe.clarkson.edu> franceee%image.soe!clutx.clarkson.edu@omnigate.clarkson.edu writes:
>Someone wondered "if they kept the laugh" on the L&A video....well,
>since he also said he had the CD, I'm surprised he didn't notice that
>the giggle is the beginning of "The Fog" track, not the end of L&A...
>I wouldn't expect it to be on the video...
>
>Eric France

Not so fast!  The laugh is at the beginning of "The Fog" on the US
compact disc, but from what I understand it's at the end of "Love And
Anger" on the British CD!  (I'd like to hear what the situation is
in other parts of the world.)

So I don't know if anybody can say for sure even now which song it
really belongs to, if either.

Ed (Edward Suranyi)        |     "Bush is an acquired taste worth
Dept. of Applied Science   |              cultivating."
UC Davis/Livermore         |                 -- _People_ magazine
ed@das.llnl.gov            |        (in review of _The Dreaming_)

jsd@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (Jon Drukman) (11/10/89)

>From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi)
>Not so fast!  The laugh is at the beginning of "The Fog" on the US
>compact disc, but from what I understand it's at the end of "Love And
>Anger" on the British CD!  (I'd like to hear what the situation is
>in other parts of the world.)
>
>So I don't know if anybody can say for sure even now which song it
>really belongs to, if either.

How about someone with the promotional CD of "Love and Anger"?
Unfortunately, I am not one of these lucky people, so I turn to IED
and/or Deb Wentorf (I think it was you, Deb - am I right?) for a
definitive reading on this score.

--
+---------------------- Is there any ESCAPE from NOISE? ----------------------+
|  |   |\       | jsd@gaffa.mit.edu | "Women!  A Mistake?  Or did He do it to |

woiccare@CLUTX.CLARKSON.EDU (Woj) (11/10/89)

jsd@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (Jon Drukman):
> How about someone with the promotional CD of "Love and Anger"?
> Unfortunately, I am not one of these lucky people, so I turn to IED
> and/or Deb Wentorf (I think it was you, Deb - am I right?) for a
> definitive reading on this score.

Urg! Why didn't I think of that! It's NOT on the promo cd (I'm sure
of this as I used to sit and play it multiple times on repeat under
sedation and darkness ;)

woj --- woiccare@clutx.clarkson.edu