[rec.music.gaffa] Woosh

lazlo@ARIEL.UNM.EDU (Lazlo Nibble) (11/11/89)

Maybe this was mentioned before and I missed it.  Fifteen seconds into the
title track on "The Sensual World", right before the bass guitar cuts in,
there's a "woosh" sound.  Que es?

                                                   Lazlo (lazlo@ariel.unm.edu)
EINSTEIN has made the Universe!  But I can't tell you how long that will last.

jsd@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (Jon Drukman) (11/12/89)

In article <8911101827.AA27217@ariel.unm.edu> lazlo@ARIEL.UNM.EDU (Lazlo Nibble) writes:
>Maybe this was mentioned before and I missed it.  Fifteen seconds into the
>title track on "The Sensual World", right before the bass guitar cuts in,
>there's a "woosh" sound.  Que es?

See there on the credit sheet where it says "Paddy Bush: Whips"?
That's what it is.  A whip.

(Kate's been watching too much Indiana Jones stuff.)

+---------------------- Is there any ESCAPE from NOISE? ----------------------+
|  |   |\       | jsd@gaffa.mit.edu | "To serve God, you gotta be stupid and  |
| \|on |/rukman | jsd@umass.bitnet  |  freakish and poor."  -- ??             |

lazlo@ARIEL.UNM.EDU (Lazlo Nibble) (11/13/89)

> See there on the credit sheet where it says "Paddy Bush: Whips"?
> That's what it is.  A whip.

No, my scanning electron microscope's been down for the past week or so,
so I missed that particular notation.  I thought it was a little nod from
Kate to the band that's obviously influenced her so much, Frankie Goes To
Hollywood; ref: "Rage Hard (+) [the young person's guide to the 12-inch]"
and "The whip...if you know what I mean".

Send SAE to Studio Nibble, 311 Don St. SE Los Lunas NM 87031-9405 for the
exciting pamphlet "whisper through a screen: the kt/fgth connect-10". Did
*you* know Kate was the model on the cover of the original "Relax" single?

                                                   Lazlo (lazlo@ariel.unm.edu)
After the summer holidays, I was so seduced by the call of the ocean
That I decided to shed my clothes . . . forever.
Living under clouds and surf
That seem like steam rising from a boiling cauldron.

hansen@CS.WMICH.EDU (Jeff Hansen) (11/15/89)

[ Lazlo theorizes about Kate Bush / Frankie Goes to Hollywood connection ]

  This is obviously a falsehood, and the work of a non-believer.  Kate
has clearly inscribed the triangle of KB: Bush, Beatles, Beach Boys.
The alliteration factor just _leaps_ up at you, laughing, Lazlo!  Frankie
Goes to Hollywood begins with an "F," and is to be discarded.

Meanwhile:  What's with this six copies of some posts?  Half of the postings
go around twice over here, but this is getting insane.  Is this the site's
problem, or....?

jeffhansen|||hansen@cs.wmich.edu|||"Heed well our verbs and pronouns!
 We are homogenized hatred!"
                           - Milk & Cheese, Dairy Products Gone Bad!!!