[rec.music.gaffa] Lionheart Tour Poster

franceee@CLUTX.CLARKSON.EDU (Eric France) (12/01/89)

I just acquired the "Lionheart Tour" poster of Kate.  For those of
you who haven't seen it, it shows Kate standing on stage (i assume),
arms akimbo, looking upwards, dressed (so to speak) is what appears to
be a rococo pirate costume (which, incidentally, leaves little to
the imagination -- not that I mind, you understand).

My question: for those of you who may have been around to witness such
things firsthand ten years ago, or have seen footage...what is this
costume for?  Is this part of some production number, for, perhaps,
In Search of Peter Pan?

Gotta go, system shutting down...

Eric France                      (franceee@clutx.clarkson.edu)
"Don't ever think that you can't change the past and the future.
 You might not, not think so now,                                __
 But just you wait and see -- someone will come to help you." -- |<

ed@DAS.LLNL.GOV (Edward Suranyi) (12/01/89)

In article <1989Nov30.204524.9273@sun.soe.clarkson.edu> Eric France <franceee@clutx.clarkson.edu> writes:

[Talking about the "Lionheart Tour" poster]

>My question: for those of you who may have been around to witness such
>things firsthand ten years ago, or have seen footage...what is this
>costume for?  Is this part of some production number, for, perhaps,
>In Search of Peter Pan?

First of all, the "Lionheart Tour" is a misnomer.  I believe the name
of the tour was really the "Tour of Life".

Second, the costume she wears in this poster is from the video of
"Babooshka".  As far as I know, she didn't even sing this song on the
tour.

So you see that this poster is really a complete fabrication, and has
nothing to do with reality.

Ed (Edward Suranyi)        | Caption:  "Kate Bush goes from cult fave to
Dept. of Applied Science   |        chart rave."  -- _Billboard_
UC Davis/Livermore         |   (In "Was It A Hit Or A Miss" in the 1985
ed@das.llnl.gov            |          year-end special issue.)