[rec.music.gaffa] Experiment IV

jjw7384@ISC.RIT.EDU (Jeff Wasilko) (01/17/90)

Is Experiment IV available on any US album other than The Whole Story?

I've got all 6 of Kate's US albums, but Experiment IV is nowhere to be
seen.

Has anyone transcribed the VH-1 interview? I haven't seen it posted here
yet, and I caught the last 10 minutes of it on tape tonite. If no one
has, I'll start with what I have and wait for VH-1 to show it again.

If someone else has already started and would like the last 10 minutes
already transcribed, let me know and I'll mail it off to you...

Jeff
----

| RIT VAX/VMS Systems: |     Jeff Wasilko     |     RIT Ultrix Systems:     |
|BITNET: jjw7384@ritvax+----------------------+INET:jjw7384@ultb.isc.rit.edu|
|INTERNET: jjw7384@isc.rit.edu                |'claimer: No one cares.      |

ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi) (01/17/90)

In article <9001170516.AA08669@ultb.isc.rit.edu> jjw7384@ISC.RIT.EDU (Jeff Wasilko) writes:

>Is Experiment IV available on any US album other than The Whole Story?
>
>I've got all 6 of Kate's US albums, but Experiment IV is nowhere to be
>seen.

"Experiment IV" was a track specifically written for _The Whole Story_.
It doesn't appear on any other album.  It's not unusual for an artist
to include a new track on a compilation album; as a single it helps
promote the album, and it encourages fans who have all the previous
albums to buy the compilation anyway.  (Sure worked in my case!)

There is a single (both 7" and 12") of "Experiment IV".

>Has anyone transcribed the VH-1 interview? I haven't seen it posted here
>yet, and I caught the last 10 minutes of it on tape tonite. If no one
>has, I'll start with what I have and wait for VH-1 to show it again.

I really hope someone else does it, as it takes so long for me to
transcribe even a five-minute interview (everybody talks faster than I
write).  The VH-1 interview hasn't been posted here yet.  If nobody does it
soon I'll try to find a free afternoon to transcribe it.

Ed
ed@das.llnl.gov