[rec.music.gaffa] Still more XTC

) (02/02/90)

In article <9002011725.AA03337@m.cs.uiuc.edu> mendel@CS.UIUC.EDU (Michael Mendelson) writes:
>So the definitive word, then, is that the Geffen Domestic release
>has everything there ever was on English Settlement?  For some reason,
>I got the impression that the reason the full album was on *two* cds
>in England rather than just one was because there was more than 77 minutes
>worth... I guess I was incorrect to assume this.
>
>If I am still *wrong*, please tell me!  (This is much too confusing.)

You are still wrong.  As far as I am aware, English Settlement was
NEVER EVER released as two CDs, anywhere in the world.  According to
my handy dandy CD player, the running time for the disc is 72:24, with
all the songs that ever appeared on any 2 record version of it.  There
are b-sides that are not available on CD (although some of them are on
the import mini-cd for Senses Working Overtime), but that's off the
subject.

|  |   |\       | jsd@gaffa.mit.edu | "I can say with confidence I know a     |
| \|on |/rukman | jsd@umass.bitnet  |  fair bit about LSD."   -- Dan Rather   |