[rec.music.gaffa] Annie Haslam

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (10/18/89)

Really-From: halley!steve@cs.utexas.edu (Steve Williams)

In some recent article or another, Scott Lindsey writes:

>the lady at the counter was amazed... she said that she'd sold a copy of TSW
>to just about every person who'd walked in so far.  And she'd had queries

When I walked in my local store to get mine, the person walking out
had a copy in her hand.

So.... now that I have the CD, why am I back at work instead of at home
doing what we've been waiting for???

>Also due out is the eponymous _Annie Haslam_, but my local store says it's
>been pushed back a week :-(

It's out here.  I saw it but didn't pick it up.  The cover looks almost
*exactly* like many of Danielle Dax's (one in particular).  So much alike
that that's what caught my eye.  I checked the credits of the two albums,
and the photographer was the same, so you can't exactly call it a rip-off.

Steve Williams               ...!cs.utexas.edu!halley!steve
Tandem Computers		(512)-244-8252
Austin, Texas

ray@radlein.UUCP (Ray Radlein) (02/02/90)

While I'm posting, I thought I'd get around to re-asking a question that
vanished into /devs/null ages ago....

A while back, I heard someone (Ed? |>oug?) mention something about a new
Annie Haslam solo LP. Is this out? Is it better than her rather
disappointing "Annie in Wonderland" album from way back when? What's she
been up to, anyway? And, by the way, what is the title for this album, and
what label is it on? I've been utterly unable to find it around here, even
at the local obscure record store (the only place I've ever seen that had
*every* Big Star album on CD).

And while I'm barraging the net with questions, does anyone know when (if
ever) Renaissance's albums will be released on CD? I mean, I kind of expect
to have a long wait for old Stackridge or PFM or Kayak or Bonzo Dog Band
albums, but I sort of figured that there would be more Renaissance
available on CD than there is now. :-(

                                        - Ray R.

  UUCP:{uunet!ncrlnk, gatech!hubcap}!ncrcae!secola!smoak!avcom!radlein!ray
  FIDO:1:376/14.96, 12.3; UUCP #2: [sdcsvax nosc]!crash!pro-carolina!rayr;
  ARPA:crash!pro-carolina!rayr@nosc.mil; or INET:rayr@pro-carolina.cts.com

  "Aren't you glad that the 'H' in 'Heinous' isn't silent?" -- Steve Roche

                    DISCLAIMER: "Be Kind to My Mistakes"