[rec.music.gaffa] Why is my CD booKleT misprinted?

kanarick@BBN.COM ("Craig M. Kanarick") (02/02/90)

OK, sorry if this has been discussed before, but I just got my CD player,
and hadn't noticed this until now.

I bought a copy of HoL in Germany this summer, and it says that it
includes the 12" version of RUTH, however, the CD does not have this
song on it.

What happened?  Did someone switch my disc with theirs (I did lend my
disc to someone a couple of weeks ago) ?  Did BMI just misprint the
CD booklet?  I was so looking forward to hearing the 12" version...

-- cmk

KT is ... (Mmmmmm, yes)
Craig M. Kanarick				"Do I love you?  Yes, I
kanarick@bbn.com				 love you.  All this talking,
		             			 talking, is only bravado..."
BBN Systems and Technologies Corporation	 - The Blue Nile

ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi) (02/03/90)

In article <51659@bbn.COM> "Craig M. Kanarick" <kanarick@vax.bbn.com> writes:
>I bought a copy of HoL in Germany this summer, and it says that it
>includes the 12" version of RUTH, however, the CD does not have this
>song on it.
>
>What happened?

The booklet has a misprint.  Although the _HOL_ CDs in several countries
say they have the 12" version of RUTH, as far as I know none of them
actually do.

Of course, I would appreciate hearing from someone who knows differently.

Ed
ed@das.llnl.gov

CXT105@PSUVM.PSU.EDU (Christopher Tate) (02/03/90)

Also:

I recently purchased Never For Ever on CD, and I find that the last verse
of "Wedding List" is missing from the booklet!!  The last verse, yet!

(Ah, well.  At least it had the entire "Infant Kiss"....)

-------
Christopher Tate                   | somewhere i have never travelled,
cxt105@psuvm.psu.edu               | gladly beyond any experience,
 ..!psuvax1!psuvm.bitnet!cxt105    | your eyes have their silence.

ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi) (02/04/90)

In article <90033.165209CXT105@PSUVM.BITNET> CXT105@PSUVM.PSU.EDU (Christopher Tate) writes:

>I recently purchased Never For Ever on CD, and I find that the last verse
>of "Wedding List" is missing from the booklet!!  The last verse, yet!

If by the "last verse" you mean the part where she sings:

"After she shot the guy,
She committed suicide,"

and so on, then you should know that the lyrics to this verse do not
appear in print on any version of this album, as far as I know.
Here are the lyrics, taken from _The Garden_. (Thanks, IED!)

(After she shot the guy,
She committed suicide.)
I'm coming, Rudi!
(And later, when they analyzed,
They found a little one inside.)
I'm coming, coming, coming, honey!
(It must have been Rudi's child.)
I shot him!
(Never mind, she got the guy.)
He hit the ground, Rudi!
(An eye for an eye.)
Ashes to ashes...
(Eye for an eye.)
Rudi!

I guess Kate just wanted us to figure out this verse by ourselves.

Ed
ed@das.llnl.gov