[rec.music.gaffa] Actor in "Cloudbusting" Video

wlp%sdcsvax@calmasd.Prime.COM (Walter Peterson) (02/06/90)

 I *finally* got to see the video for "Cloudbusting" and I'm
wondering who the actor playing opposite KT is. He *looks*
like a young Donald Southerland (sp?), but I don't know
who he really is.  Does anyone "out there" know?

Also, a related question.  Does anyone know why music videos
don't have credits?  Don't the SAG &/or AFTRA contracts cover
videos ?

Thanks in advance,

Walt

wlp@calmasd.Prime.COM

--
"Exploring the consensual hallucination of cyberspace."
Walt Peterson.  wlp@calmasd.Prime.COM

ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi) (02/06/90)

In article <928@calmasd.Prime.COM> wlp%sdcsvax@calmasd.Prime.COM (Walter Peterson) writes:
> I *finally* got to see the video for "Cloudbusting" and I'm
>wondering who the actor playing opposite KT is. He *looks*
>like a young Donald Southerland (sp?), but I don't know
>who he really is.  Does anyone "out there" know?

It *is* Donald Sutherland.  Kate has several times described how
she got him to be in her video.  Basically, she had decided that
he would be perfect to play the part of the father, so she made a
contact with him.  He had four days free between movies, so he
agreed to do it then.

Ed
ed@das.llnl.gov