[rec.music.gaffa] A Question

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (08/23/89)

Really-From: JONES%RPIECS.BITNET@mitvma.mit.edu

Hello there fellow Love-Hounds--
  A good friend of mine from England has informed me that Tony Banks, while
waiting for Genesis to reassemble, has started his own band called Bank
Statement, and that they have released a single over in the UK.  Has
anyone else heard of this album?  Is it available over here yet?  And if
so, has anyone bought it and listened to it?  Inquiring minds want to
know!
  Thanks much...
                                   Your friendly neighborhood Genesis
                                   fanatic,
                                              Deb Wentorf  :)

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (08/24/89)

Really-From: Lazlo Nibble <csbrkaac@ariel.unm.edu>

JONES%RPIECS.BITNET@mitvma.mit.edu writes:

>  A good friend of mine from England has informed me that Tony Banks, while
> waiting for Genesis to reassemble, has started his own band called Bank
> Statement, and that they have released a single over in the UK.  Has
> anyone else heard of this album?  Is it available over here yet?

I haven't heard it yet, but it is out here in the US.  I shelved copies of
it earlier this week.  No idea how long it's been available though.

                                                Lazlo (csbrkaac@ariel.unm.edu)
Lock the target.  Bait the line.  Spread the net.  Catch the man.

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (09/22/89)

Really-From: scol!declann@uunet.UU.NET

All the descriptions of _The Sensual World_ (single) make mention
of the "celtic" sound. I haven't actually heard it yet (though I've
got my grubby little hands around a copy today !) but anyway my
question concerns Kate's Irish background. I've been told that
her father is/was Irish. Is this true ? Being Irish myself (but
working in the UK) I'd be interested in any info.

I suppose I really should get my hands on a decent biog of the
woman which reminds me that the one and only A. Marvick said he had one.
Any chance you could mail it to me, IED ? My gratitude would be
boundless !

I did try mailing you but my mail bounced.

thanks a lot

Declan Nolan

UUCP: ..!mcvax!ukc!pyrltd!scol!declann
	or
declann@santa-cruz.co.uk
	or
declann@sco.COM

ws1i+@ANDREW.CMU.EDU (William Manchester Shubert) (02/28/90)

   I've been wondering: If we, as a group, are called love-hounds then can we
be further subdivided up into love-dogs and love-bitches?

   Just wondering, :-)
                                -Bill (wms@sam.cs.cmu.edu)