[rec.music.gaffa] She's having fun with us :-)

katefans@world.std.COM (Chris'n'Vickie of Kansas City) (03/16/90)

Vickie here.

        "They open doorways that I thought were shut for good"

Re: The Laugh

Doug writes:

> That she threw a little piece of "The Fog" in there is no surprise
> to me -- she wants to offer you a little taste of the rest of the
> album, so you'll go and buy the whole thing.

God yes, if I'd never heard of Kate before and I heard that maniacal
laugh, I'd sure want to go buy an entire album to see what's with
this woman. :-)

jsd writes:

> I'm beginning to think that Kate may have had some master plan in mind
> with all this, because it's just too freaky to be coincidence.

Of course, she's playing games with us you silly! It's not the first time
and it won't be the last. She's probably having a wonderful time with this.
Everybody remember the double-grooved TSW 12"? Poor IED does. She's
got a great sense of humor and she knows that we can't resist trying
to "explain" every little thing she does.

Neil, that chap in England writes:

> |>oug, Jeffrey C. Burka, Jon |>rukman, woj all cast doubts on my
> sanity (everyone knows there aint no Sanita Klaus).

I heard a line like that in the movie "Comfort & Joy" (only it was
Sanity Clause), what a wonderful film! Anyway, I don't think you're
crazy. I think you're right. Actually, I think *everybody* is right!
The Laugh is just another addition to the very long list of things
Kate adds to her music to enable people to interpret whatever-it-is
in different ways. If Jon feels that the laugh is a perfect intro to
TF because of its girlish childhood memory sound (sorry jsd, I can't
remember what you said exactly or even if it was you who said it)
then fine, it belongs at the beginning of TF. If you or I think that
it's the perfect ending to L&A because, well, what other kind of reaction
could there be to that "Yeah!", well, then, it belongs at the end of L&A.
This is the perfect example of a no right or wrong answer situation.

This is *Kate* we're dealing with here, remember? The same one who
wrote "Some say that knowledge is ho ho ho"
Yeah yeah yeah!

She's so neat!

Vickie (one of Vickie'n'Chris)
katefans@world.std.com