[rec.music.gaffa] Aspects of the Sensual World ?

@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (T Atwell) (04/11/90)

I have seen discussions regarding a KaTe CD titled "Aspects of the Sensual
World" but have not been able to locate this item in any area (Phila.)
record stores.  Could someone please post info regarding this CD, such as
track listings and origin.  Also, any info re mail order firms which could
help.  Thanks in advance.

Please post, no e-mail, not my sign.

T Atwell

ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi) (04/12/90)

In article <3443@discg1.UUCP> @EDDIE.MIT.EDU (T Atwell) writes:

>I have seen discussions regarding a KaTe CD titled "Aspects of the Sensual
>World" but have not been able to locate this item in any area (Phila.)
>record stores.  Could someone please post info regarding this CD, such as
>track listings and origin.  Also, any info re mail order firms which could
>help.  Thanks in advance.

Here's a track listing of this CD EP:

1. "The Sensual World" (LP version)
2. "Be Kind To My Mistakes" (version from the "This Woman's Work" single)
3. "I'm Still Waiting"
4. "Ken"
5. "The Sensual World" (instrumental mix)

Most of the big record stores around here had at least a few copies of
it.  It's a regular release from Columbia.  Catalog number:
Columbia 44K 73174.

Since this is a current release from a large record company, any place
that does mail order should be able to get it for you.  I would be
surprised if there was really no place in the Philadelphia area to
obtain this.

Ed
ed@das.llnl.gov

turney@CS.CORNELL.EDU (Jenn Turney) (04/12/90)

T Atwell writes that he is unable to find the "Aspects of the Sensual
World" CD single in the Philadelphia area.

Now, T, if I had no trouble locating it in small town Ithaca, New York,
I'm sure a little more searching in your area might turn it up.  Perhaps
a few phone calls would do some good?

Actually, I have a feeling that the fellows who work at the local
Discount Records store (not the one to satisfy the above request) are
closet KaTe fans, since I have heard KaTe being played at least five
times since January as I passed the place.

Jenn
turney@svax.cs.cornell.edu

kanarick@BBN.COM ("Craig M. Kanarick") (04/12/90)

In article <3443@discg1.UUCP> you write:

>I have seen discussions regarding a KaTe CD titled "Aspects of the Sensual
>World" but have not been able to locate this item in any area (Phila.)
>record stores.  Could someone please post info regarding this CD, such as
>track listings and origin.  Also, any info re mail order firms which could
>help.  Thanks in advance.
>
>Please post, no e-mail, not my sign.
>
>T Atwell

Try Spruce Street Records on 40th and Spruce.  They had a couple of
copies of it just last week.  The owner is a great guy, loves to talk
music, and knows what he is talking about.  A pleasant change from
the Tower Records "Uhhh, Gee, I dunno" mentaity.

If you can't find it there (they really don't have a copy at Tower on
South?), you might try Discovery Discs in Houston Hall on the Penn
Campus, on 35th and Spruce.  They have a listening bar, so you can even
check it out before you buy it...

-- cmk
Craig M. Kanarick				"Do I love you?  Yes, I
kanarick@bbn.com				 love you.  All this talking,
		             			 talking, is only bravado..."
BBN Systems and Technologies Corporation	 - The Blue Nile

woiccare@CLUTX.CLARKSON.EDU (the evil one) (04/12/90)

Jenn Turney says:
> Now, T, if I had no trouble locating it in small town Ithaca, New York,

hey, even the folks up here in *potsdam (half way between the adirondacks
and hell) had it -- although they did say "i'm not sure why we ordered
this until we remembered you" when i bought it... :)

woj