[rec.music.gaffa] TAPE PASS-ALONG DETAILS

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (06/29/90)

Really-From: think!ames!claris!portal!cup.portal.com!L-H@EDDIE.MIT.EDU

To:Love-Hounds
Fr:Larry Hernandez (L-H@CUP.PORTAL.COM)
Re:TAPE PASS-ALONG DETAILS (also C 'n V)
Dt:27 June 1990

Hi Love-Hounds,

The tapes arrived Monday the 25th.  I've duped the audio videocassette
onto three regular compact cassettes, to offer an optional source for
that great "final" _Suspended in Gaffa_ show.  I really regret not
calling in, Vickie (damn!)!   Everyone should have a copy of this
6-hour show.
Anyway, here's the thing.  I'll have finished with the tapes on Friday.
I'll deliver them to Ed in Livermore.  IED told me he can wait until the
KATEMAS KATEMAS KATEMAS KATEMAS KATEMAS KATEMAS KATEMAS KATEMAS KATEMAS
BASH to get his stuff off Hi8.

They will go next to the first requester, whose name escaped me for the
moment.  Thanks to those couple of guys who offered to make multiple
copies to help speed up the process.  If you really can, let me know,
and I'll supply you with that many more names and mailing addresses.
A couple of you need to send me your mailing address.

Please try to take what you want as soon as you can, within 3 days or
less.  I'll supply you with the next in line.  And so on.

I'll send a message to people  on the list, at random, to try to track
the thing.  I'd like the thing sent back to me last, so I can get my
cassettes back, then I'll send the three videotapes to Chris and Vickie.
I'll be in touch with each of you.

Thanks again to Vickie and Chris for this great music!

Larry (l-h@cup.portal.com)

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (06/30/90)

Really-From: Jeffrey C. Burka <jburka@silver.ucs.indiana.edu>

In article <9006290018.1.1011@cup.portal.com> you write:
>Really-From: think!ames!claris!portal!cup.portal.com!L-H@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
>
>To:Love-Hounds
>Fr:Larry Hernandez (L-H@CUP.PORTAL.COM)
>Re:TAPE PASS-ALONG DETAILS (also C 'n V)
>Dt:27 June 1990

>They will go next to the first requester, whose name escaped me for the
>moment.  Thanks to those couple of guys who offered to make multiple
>copies to help speed up the process.  If you really can, let me know,
>and I'll supply you with that many more names and mailing addresses.
>A couple of you need to send me your mailing address.
>
>Please try to take what you want as soon as you can, within 3 days or
>less.  I'll supply you with the next in line.  And so on.
>
>I'll send a message to people  on the list, at random, to try to track
>the thing.  I'd like the thing sent back to me last, so I can get my
>cassettes back, then I'll send the three videotapes to Chris and Vickie.
>I'll be in touch with each of you.
>
>Thanks again to Vickie and Chris for this great music!
>
>Larry (l-h@cup.portal.com)

I'd like to get on the list, please...

Jeff Burka
2950 Macomb St NW
Washington, DC  20008

jburka@silver.ucs.indiana.edu
jburka@amber.ucs.indiana.edu

Thanks!

Jeff

--
|Jeffrey C. Burka                | "On the outskirts of nowhere           |
|jburka@silver.ucs.indiana.edu   |  on the ringroad to somewhere,         |

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (07/02/90)

Really-From: gb10@gte.com (Gregory Bossert)

Um, MAYBE I spaced out while reading a message, or MAYBE rec.music.gaffa
hiccupped, or MAYBE a giant mutant star-goat has been fiddling with my
brain again (yes, that seems more likely), but what's all this about tapes
anyway????  Can I have some?  Should I write to Larry?  What other wonderful
oppertunities am I missing?  (I can think of a bunch, actually, but y'all
DON'T want to know, trust me...)

Seriously, I've landed in the same gorge of despair that Richard Caldwell
et al have brought up recently:  years 'til another sending from Herself,
and little hope in sight, so a tape of Love-Hounds approved music (or three)
would be a pleasure indeed.

Not to pick on Richard now that I've commiserated with him, but I too am
curious about:

 >  I believe that the increasing involvement of Del Palmer in Kate's
work
 > did not have a positive effect on _The Sensual World_.  Perhaps
even the
 > contrary.

Are we talking about production values, etc., or the material?  While I
must admit that I am a bit disappointed with _TSW_, I think it succeeds
almost perfectly in achieving Ms. Bush's goals.  This is just a feeling,
but what I hear is *not* a KT album watered down by Del and others, but
a KT album with different KT ideas.

Hm, I guess I'm not entirely sure what I mean here, but the issues of
KaTe's intentions in making the album, and her control over the
implementation of these ideas during the recording of the album, are
of great interest to me, particularly in the very frustrating case of
_TSW_, which seems both brilliant and a bit of a let-down, er, to me.

Sorry about that last sentence... (man, look at all those commas!)

Footah!
-greg -- gb10@gte.com -- "Go stick your head in a pig"

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (07/02/90)

Really-From: E Welsh <ecwu59@castle.ed.ac.uk>

I don't suppose there's any chance of these tapes making their way
across the pond is there ?

--
/  __               /\ ecwu59@castle.ed.ac.uk /\ Are you selling your \
\ |_     \    /     \/ rew@lfcs.ed.ac.uk      \/ soul to a cold gun ? /

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (07/02/90)

Really-From: rick@CSTR.EDINBURGH.AC.UK

Has anyone in the UK requested a copy of this yet? (And if so can I arrange
to get one? And if not can I arrange to get one?)

	--Rick.

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (07/06/90)

Really-From: graham@wolfen.cc.uow.edu.au (Captain B.H.P.)

In rec.music.gaffa you write:

>Really-From: rick@CSTR.EDINBURGH.AC.UK

>Has anyone in the UK requested a copy of this yet? (And if so can I arrange
>to get one? And if not can I arrange to get one?)

>       --Rick.

Hey PLEASE don't forget us down here! If you could get me a copy then
I'll start it around Oz.

Thanx Graham

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU writes:

>Really-From: rick@CSTR.EDINBURGH.AC.UK

>Has anyone in the UK requested a copy of this yet? (And if so can I arrange
>to get one? And if not can I arrange to get one?)

>       --Rick.

Hey PLEASE don't forget us down here! If somebody can get me a copy then
I'll send it on around Oz.

Thanx Graham

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (07/06/90)

Really-From: hansen@cs.wmich.edu ( Jeff Hansen)

[ In previous article, exciting video tape is mentioned ]

Okay, I've tried to mail, but it's bounce city.  Please put my name on
the list.  Thank you.

Jeff Hansen
P.O. Box 1077
Royal Oak, MI  48068-1077