[rec.music.gaffa] Another "Where to buy in London?" Question

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (07/18/90)

Really-From: paullu@cs.ualberta.ca (Paul Lu)

Well, this is only my third posting in the past year that I've
been reading .gaffa.  I've decided to come out of lurking to
ask:  Which bookstores in London carry the biography of Kate
called (I believe) _The_Whole_Story_?

I'll be in London for the Computer Olympiad in August, so I
thought that I would try to find this book while I was in town.

I know that there have been recent postings about where to get
_TSW_ t-shirts and stuff in London, but I don't recall seeing
anything about this book.  Any info from the UK Love-Hounds
would be greatly appreciated!

Plus, (and this is _NOT_ dependant on getting the above info :-)
if I get _The_Vickie_Tapes_ ;-) before that time, I would be only
too happy to hand deliver a copy to anyone able to meet me in
London.  I can also dub from the videotape to audio tape format.

Lastly, many thanks to Richard and Andy (IED) for the recent
_thoughtful_  postings on _TSW_/Del+Kate+Studio.  Long time
readers of .gaffa know that Andy always argues strongly against
criticism of Kate's work, but he never tries to suppress
discussion that is supported by a reasonably thoughtful argument.

	...Paul Lu (paullu@ca.ualberta.ca)

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (07/19/90)

Really-From: mrp@UCS.Adelaide.EDU.AU (Mark Prior)

In article <1990Jul18.160901.18166@cs.UAlberta.CA>,
Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU writes:
|> Really-From: paullu@cs.ualberta.ca (Paul Lu)
|>
|> Well, this is only my third posting in the past year that I've
|> been reading .gaffa.  I've decided to come out of lurking to
|> ask:  Which bookstores in London carry the biography of Kate
|> called (I believe) _The_Whole_Story_?

Try the Virgin Megastore in Oxford Street.

Mark.
--
Mark Prior                              Phone : +61 8 228 5680
University Computing Services           Telex : UNIVAD AA89141

pd@cs.qmw.ac.uk (Paul Davison (postmaster)) (07/19/90)

In <1990Jul18.160901.18166@cs.UAlberta.CA> Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU writes:

>Really-From: paullu@cs.ualberta.ca (Paul Lu)

>Well, this is only my third posting in the past year that I've
>been reading .gaffa.  I've decided to come out of lurking to
>ask:  Which bookstores in London carry the biography of Kate
>called (I believe) _The_Whole_Story_?

I am almost certain I have seen it in the Virgin Megastore, which as you
probably know by now is in Oxford Street at the Tottenham Court Road
end. They have a pretty good book section, with some interesting
fanzines. The other place to look is HMV further down the road. One of
those two will certainly have it.
--
Paul Davison (postmaster for uk.ac.qmw.cs)

UUCP:      pd@qmw-cs.uucp                      | Computer Science Dept
Internet:  pd%cs.qmw.ac.uk@nsfnet-relay.ac.uk  | QMW, University of London
JANET:     pd@uk.ac.qmw.cs                     | Mile End Road
Voice:     +44 71 975 5250 (Direct Dial)       | London E1 4NS