[rec.music.gaffa] Warning! Severe problems with .gaffa!

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (07/26/90)

Really-From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi)

God knows if this will get through (it's the second try),
but there are SEVERE problems with .gaffa.  Net readers should
know that over the past week there have been at least THIRTY
articles that got into the Love-Hounds mailing list, but for
some reason never got posted onto rec.music.gaffa.  This includes
everything IED has posted lately, most of Chris'n'Vickie's postings,
and many of mine.  Who is the current moderator of this newsgroup, anyway?
He should fix this bug!!!!!

Ed
ed@das.llnl.gov

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (07/26/90)

Really-From: Doug Alan <nessus@mit.edu>

> [Edward Suranyi:] God knows if this will get through (it's the
> second try), but there are SEVERE problems with .gaffa.  Net readers
> should know that over the past week there have been at least THIRTY
> articles that got into the Love-Hounds mailing list, but for some
> reason never got posted onto rec.music.gaffa.  This includes
> everything IED has posted lately, most of Chris'n'Vickie's postings,
> and many of mine.  Who is the current moderator of this newsgroup,
> anyway?  He should fix this bug!!!!!

No, you are wrong.  Messages posted to Love-Hounds and rec.music.gaffa
are getting to rec.music.gaffa just fine.  However, it may be that
rec.music.gaffa is not getting to YOU.  But that is nothing I can
control.  I can only make sure that articles get to rec.music.gaffa.
I can't do anything to ensure that Usenet hosts actually decide to
carry it or propagate it properly.

Your humble pseudo-moderator,

Really-From: nrc@cbema.att.com (Neal R Caldwell, Ii)

> Really-From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi)
>
> God knows if this will get through (it's the second try),
> but there are SEVERE problems with .gaffa.  Net readers should
> know that over the past week there have been at least THIRTY
> articles that got into the Love-Hounds mailing list, but for
> some reason never got posted onto rec.music.gaffa.  This includes
> everything IED has posted lately, most of Chris'n'Vickie's postings,
> and many of mine.  Who is the current moderator of this newsgroup, anyway?
> He should fix this bug!!!!!

Just as I suspected!  I knew there must be some reason Andy's latest
ponderings on my blasphemies didn't get here.  Gosh, thirty articles?
I wonder if this has anything to do with the odd posting address that
showed up on rec.announce.newusers recently, gaffa-post@eddie.mit.edu.

It is curious that noone has stepped forward to take credit as our new
moderator.  Are we running on auto or something?

Is there any hope that the missing articles will get posted?  I hate
to miss anything.  I hope this is fixed in time for the Kate-mas
reports.

"Don't drive too slowly."                 Richard Caldwell
                                          att!cbnews!nrc
                                          nrc@cbnews.att.com

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (07/27/90)

Really-From: nrc@cbema.att.com (Neal R Caldwell, Ii)

[Note: This is a repost to see which (if any) address is successfully
posting to the net.  Apologies to anyone who gets an extra copy of this!]

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (07/30/90)

Really-From: Tidal Nose Job <jsd@gaffa.MIT.EDU>

>Really-From: nrc@cbema.att.com (Neal R Caldwell, Ii)
>
>> Really-From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi)
>>
>> God knows if this will get through (it's the second try),
>> but there are SEVERE problems with .gaffa.  Net readers should
>> know that over the past week there have been at least THIRTY
>> articles that got into the Love-Hounds mailing list, but for
>> some reason never got posted onto rec.music.gaffa.  This includes
>> everything IED has posted lately, most of Chris'n'Vickie's postings,
>> and many of mine.

I've seen plenty of IED verbiage on the newsgroup and a c'n'v katemas
map just a few messages ago...

>> Who is the current moderator of this newsgroup, anyway?
>> He should fix this bug!!!!!

It's still |>oug.  I'll talk to him about it this week.

>Just as I suspected!  I knew there must be some reason Andy's latest
>ponderings on my blasphemies didn't get here.  Gosh, thirty articles?
>I wonder if this has anything to do with the odd posting address that
>showed up on rec.announce.newusers recently, gaffa-post@eddie.mit.edu.

Probably not.  I think that works.  Try love-hounds@gaffa.mit.edu if
you are in doubt.

>It is curious that noone has stepped forward to take credit as our new
>moderator.  Are we running on auto or something?

We are indeed running on auto.  |>oug is still nominally the 'humble
pseudo-moderator' but he's a busy chap.

+---------------------- Is there any ESCAPE from NOISE? ---------------------+
|  |   |\       | jsd@gaffa.mit.edu | ZIK ZAK - We make everything you need, |
| \|on |/rukman | -Fight The Power- | and you need everything we make.       |

ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi) (07/31/90)

In article <9007291748.AA09794@gaffa.MIT.EDU> Love-Hounds@gaffa.MIT.EDU writes:
>Really-From: Tidal Nose Job <jsd@gaffa.MIT.EDU>

>I've seen plenty of IED verbiage on the newsgroup and a c'n'v katemas
>map just a few messages ago...

Don't assume that you have everything unless you've been able to compare
to the love-hounds digest.  C'n'V's Katemas map was only ONE article of
about FIVE that they posted that day.

Ed
ed@das.llnl.gov