	From: ewh@druky.UUCP
	Newsgroups: net.followup
	Subject: Russian intent
	Date: Fri, 31-Aug-84 12:12:06 EDT

	re: kissell's question on russian intent, how about: "We will
	bury you!" by Nikita Kruschev about 1955, or (slight paraphrase
	perhaps), "The Capitalists will sell us the rope we hang them
	with," from an earlier leader (Stalin, Trotsky, Lenin, ??)
	whose name escapes me.  ernie harkins

I've read that Khrushchev's statement has been misinterpreted in the U.S.
It is not a threat; rather, it means "we will be around after you are dead".
And the other quote is more an opinion on short-sighted capitalists.

jeffw@tekecs.UUCP (Jeff Winslow) (09/04/84)

A closer translation of that is, I believe, "We will outlive you." Which
can be threatening or not, depending an how you choose to hear it. And
didn't Kruschev say it in a moment of anger? I'm sure Reagan has said
much worse things about the Soviets in anger. You just never hear about it.

Can't you find anything more recent? I, too, believe this world domination
stuff is not quite right - more theory than practice, more paranoia than
reality.

						Jeff Winslow