[rec.music.gaffa] THE CD BOX SET

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (09/19/90)

Really-From: news@ccncsu.ColoState.EDU (USENET news)

From: colburn@handel.CS.ColoState.Edu (Alex Colburn)

	Also I'm trying to get a copy of the CD of Live At the
Hammersmith, anyone have any suggestions?

While I'm at it, I'm having a difficult time getting my hands on the
video for Live at the Hammersmith.  It seems that it is not in distribution
anymore.  The video stores don't even have rental copies!
Anyone know how I get a copy?

	If and when I can get these little items (and even if I can't),
I think it would be good excuse for a Kate Fest.  If anyone is interested
I'll post the date and other details as soon as I can figure them out.

			Thanks for any info on the CD's & video,
				  Alex

Oh yeah.  I noticed in a few listings  of Kate CD's
that people had forgetten about
Aspects of the Sensual World.  That was one CD I  COULD find,
even though it only has 5 pieces, it still counts as a CD doesn't it?

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (09/19/90)

Really-From: Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU

 	I've probably missed the posting, but can anyone tell
Date: 18 Sep 90 21:52:45 GMT
Sender: Love-Hounds-request@gaffa.MIT.EDU

Really-From: news@ccncsu.ColoState.EDU (USENET news)

From: colburn@handel.CS.ColoState.Edu (Alex Colburn)

[...]

Really-From: Waltman.HENR801c@Xerox.COM

Hey, does anybody on this list get ICE (the International CD Exchange
newsletter)? The latest issue just arrived in my snail mail box on Tuesday,
and there was a three or four paragraph article about the set on the front
page.
Summarizing from my admittedly faulty memory, there will be 28 rarity
tracks on two CDs, plus all of her other releases (I'm not sure if that
will include TWS). The discs will not be available individually, or at all
as a domestic (U.S.) release. The cost will be about $150 dollars.
The release date is slated for late October. If nobody else does in the
next couple of days, I'll bring it in and post the article here.

- Steve Waltman
  Xerox Corp, Rochester, New York

Date: 18 Sep 90 21:52:45 GMT
Sender: Love-Hounds-request@gaffa.MIT.EDU

Really-From: news@ccncsu.ColoState.EDU (USENET news)

From: colburn@handel.CS.ColoState.Edu (Alex Colburn)

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (09/20/90)

Really-From: tlh@PacBell.COM (Lee Hounshell)

In article <1990Sep18.152121.108@arizona.edu> Love-Hounds@gaffa.MIT.EDU writes:
>Really-From: Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU
>While I'm at it, I'm having a difficult time getting my hands on the
>video for Live at the Hammersmith.  It seems that it is not in distribution
>anymore.  The video stores don't even have rental copies!
>Anyone know how I get a copy?

Last Saturday, I was lucky enough to run across the "Live at the Hammersmith"
video on LASER DISK for -- get this $37 at Video City in San Francisco.
Needless to say, I snarfed it up.  It turns out the owners there will also
do special orders of Japanese laser disks, so I also went ahead and ordered
her other two laser disks: "Hair of the Hound" and "The Whole Story."
Unfortunately, the prices of these two lasers weren't quite so nice..  HotH
is $50 and TWS is $97 (with a 3-4 week delivery wait).  Does anyone else
have these on laser disk?  I'd like to know what you paid for them.. is this
a good price??  Also, are there any other Japanese lasers of Kate that I
don't know about?  ThanKs,

Lee

kaufman@delta.eecs.nwu.edu (Michael L. Kaufman) (09/20/90)

Is it just me, or has everyone seen Alex's last message a dozen times?  I mean,
mine sometimes come out twice, but this is a bit much.

Michael

Michael L. Kaufman   \\  "His imagination resembled the wings of an Ostrich. It
kaufman@eecs.nwu.edu  \\  enabled him to run, though not to soar."  T. Macaulay

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (09/20/90)

Really-From: NEWSMGR@CC.UTAH.EDU

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: THE CD BOX SET
From: Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU
Date: 19 Sep 90 07:10:39 MDT

 	I've probably missed the posting, but can anyone tell
Date: 18 Sep 90 21:52:45 GMT
Sender: Love-Hounds-request@gaffa.MIT.EDU

Really-From: news@ccncsu.ColoState.EDU (USENET news)

From: colburn@handel.CS.ColoState.Edu (Alex Colburn)

[...]

Really-From: woiccare@pebbles.sct.clarkson.edu

alex sez:
> 	Also I'm trying to get a copy of the CD of Live At the
> Hammersmith, anyone have any suggestions?

as i've said before, a cd copy of the hammersmith show is available
only as a bootleg - so look in your area record stores of ill repute
and if you have trouble, get back to me - i might be able to find
you a copy around here...

> Anyone know how I get a copy?

um, there's a mail order place that can get it for you, but i forgot the
name! mail a letter to ken descoteaux (you still reading this ken?) cos
i know he got his copy this way. if he doesn't post the address some
time soon, i'll get the address from him for the net...

woj

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (09/21/90)

 	I've probably missed the posting, but can anyone tell
Date: 18 Sep 90 21:52:45 GMT
Sender: Love-Hounds-request@gaffa.MIT.EDU

Really-From: news@ccncsu.ColoState.EDU (USENET news)

From: colburn@handel.CS.ColoState.Edu (Alex Colburn)

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (09/22/90)

Really-From: orion@wpi.wpi.edu (Kenneth G Descoteaux)

In article <9009200508.aa06521@pebbles.sct.clarkson.edu> you write:
>Really-From: woiccare@pebbles.sct.clarkson.edu
>alex sez:
>> Anyone know how I get a copy?
>
>um, there's a mail order place that can get it for you, but i forgot the
>name! mail a letter to ken descoteaux (you still reading this ken?) cos

Yes, I still read Love-Hounds! I'm just quiet that's all...so anyway,
I ordered "The Single File" and "Kate Bush: Live at the Hammersmith Odeon"
on VHS at reasonable domestic prices (~$40 each) from:
  The Video Depot
  1435 Railroad Ave.
  Bellingham, WA 98225
  (206) 676-0319

This was back in April and there were questions at that time about what
volume they could handle. I and several other LHs ordered videos around
the same time...I would assume you can still get copies, but no guarantees.

Disclaimer: I have nothing to do with the company except as a satisfied
customer...they're way over there and I'm way over here!

-Ken D

(At least you didn't provide my email address woj! It took me three days to
dig up the address from my pile I call a desk...)

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (09/27/90)

Date: 18 Sep 90 21:52:45 GMT
Sender: Love-Hounds-request@gaffa.MIT.EDU

Really-From: news@ccncsu.ColoState.EDU (USENET news)