[rec.music.gaffa] gaffa-is there a problem?

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (09/19/90)

Really-From: derek%sunstroke@sdsu.edu (Derek Langsford)

I don't know where the problem is but I have seen Alex's garbled message some
8 or 10 times this past two days and it is driving me batty!  Other messages
have also appeared many times.

Anyone else had the problem?

Is it something our moderator (Doug) can fix?

Here's hoping.

Derek
Derek Langsford                 | "It could take me all my life,
Polperro->Edinburgh->San Diego  |  or it could only take a moment..."
derek@sunstroke.sdsu.edu        |                  Kate Bush, Love & Anger

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (09/20/90)

Really-From: nrc@cbema.att.com (Neal R Caldwell, Ii)

From article <9009191644.AA28101@sunstroke.SDSU.EDU>, by Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU:
> Really-From: derek%sunstroke@sdsu.edu (Derek Langsford)
>
> I don't know where the problem is but I have seen Alex's garbled message some
> 8 or 10 times this past two days and it is driving me batty!  Other messages
> have also appeared many times.
>
> Anyone else had the problem?
>
> Is it something our moderator (Doug) can fix?

Nothing is ever wrong with gaffa.  It is always at your end.   Gaffa is
perfect.

:-) :-) :-)

"Don't drive too slowly."                 Richard Caldwell
                                          AT&T Network Systems
                                          att!cbnews!nrc
                                          nrc@cbnews.att.com

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (09/20/90)

Really-From: Jon Drukman <jsd@gaffa.MIT.EDU>

>Really-From: nrc@cbema.att.com (Neal R Caldwell, Ii)
>
>> Really-From: derek%sunstroke@sdsu.edu (Derek Langsford)
>> Anyone else had the problem?
>>
>> Is it something our moderator (Doug) can fix?
>
>Nothing is ever wrong with gaffa.  It is always at your end.   Gaffa is
>perfect.
>
>:-) :-) :-)

It is indeed gratifying to see that Richard is finally getting a
handle on how love-hounds operates.  Keep up the good work.

(Seriously, it is not gaffa's fault.  A machine somewhere along the
line gets messed up.  Incidentally, lobby |>oug to change the software
back so that you don't get those stupid Really-From headers, with
everything apparently coming from "love-hounds-request."  He claims it
gives him too much work the other way, but as I know for a fact that
he's doing zero work on it anyway, it won't matter...)

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (09/20/90)

Really-From: woiccare@pebbles.sct.clarkson.edu

>>> Anyone else had the problem?
>>> Is it something our moderator (Doug) can fix?
>>Nothing is ever wrong with gaffa.  It is always at your end.   Gaffa is
>>perfect.
> It is indeed gratifying to see that Richard is finally getting a
> handle on how love-hounds operates.  Keep up the good work.

> (Seriously, it is not gaffa's fault.  A machine somewhere along the
> line gets messed up.

true, but something that would help alot would be if poeple that
read love-hounds through the gaffa link would mail their response
to love-hounds@gaffa.mit.edu instead of following up to posts that
appear in rec.music.gaffa - most of the problems originate cos
of the news-list link, regardless of where they originate, so that
little effort would probably help out a lot.

> Incidentally, lobby |>oug to change the software
> back so that you don't get those stupid Really-From headers, with
> everything apparently coming from "love-hounds-request."  He claims it
> gives him too much work the other way, but as I know for a fact that
> he's doing zero work on it anyway, it won't matter...)

actually, this is a boon since it allows rec.music.gaffa readers to
hit 'm' instead of 'f' sending their replies to the list instead of
through the news contortion - or at least it does for me.

woj

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (09/20/90)

Really-From: Jorn Barger <barger@ils.nwu.edu>

In article <9009192048.AA14554@gaffa.MIT.EDU> Jon Drukman
<jsd@gaffa.MIT.EDU> writes:
> ...  Incidentally, lobby |>oug to change the software
> back so that you don't get those stupid Really-From headers, with
> everything apparently coming from "love-hounds-request."  He claims it
> gives him too much work the other way, but as I know for a fact that
> he's doing zero work on it anyway, it won't matter...)

It's struck me lately how rarely anyone is expressing any gratitude for
what |>oug does do.  Thanks, |>oug, you're appreciated and missed...

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (10/05/90)

Really-From: maus@fir.Morgan.COM (Malcolm Austin)

Pardon the ignorance of a new participant here, and I have no idea how to
get a copy of the charter for rec.music.gaffa, but:

Why is this group moderated???
Malcolm Austin -- maus@fir.morgan.com
Disclaimer (v.), to unarm an opponent wielding a Scottish broadsword