[rec.music.gaffa] Interview disks

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (10/02/90)

Really-From: colburn@handel.cs.colostate.edu (Alex Colburn)

	Hopefully this will not become one of thoses garbled endlessly
repeating post!!!!

Today I picked up a couple of Kate interview disks, I'm usually not to
thrilled by this sort of thing, but I thought they would be kind of fun.

They are:
	Kate Bush Interview 1986 3" CD.  On the CD it says KB7CD
	mastered by nimbus.   There is a disapointing 7 minutes of
	interview.

	The conversation disk series (sounds like psychotherapy while
	you drive your car to me), with a picture on the disk.  The
	picture isn't one of the better ones, she has BRIGHT red lipstick
	and a little too much flash reflection in her eyes.  This interview
	is pretty nice, and I'd love to digitize her laugh.

Does anybody know how much I should've paid for these?  The covers both
say limited editions, but...

Would anyone like to trade these for either the CD or VHS of Live at
the hammersmith? Or work out some other kind of deal?!!!

						Alex.

                /)       |    Windsurfing:  Almost as good as sex,
              /  )       |                  and much more frequent...
      ______/___)_____   |
                    (    |    Colburn@handel.cs.colostate.edu

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (10/02/90)

Really-From: woiccare@pebbles.sct.clarkson.edu

Alex Colburn sez:
> 	Kate Bush Interview 1986 3" CD.  On the CD it says KB7CD
> 	mastered by nimbus.   There is a disapointing 7 minutes of
> 	interview.

wow, didn't know this was also on cd. i bought the pair of 7"ers (one
a picturedisc and the other plain'ol white vinyl) that have this
interview for like $10 at midnight records.

> 	The conversation disk series (sounds like psychotherapy while
> 	you drive your car to me), with a picture on the disk.  The
> 	picture isn't one of the better ones, she has BRIGHT red lipstick
> 	and a little too much flash reflection in her eyes.  This interview
> 	is pretty nice, and I'd love to digitize her laugh.

a friend gifted me with thisover the summer. no idea how much it cost her.
i transcribed the interview over the summer too - if anyone still wants
it. it a pair of interviews from the hol period. nothing particularly new
is gleaned from the interview, but there it is...

> Would anyone like to trade these for either the CD or VHS of Live at
> the hammersmith? Or work out some other kind of deal?!!!

um, no - but i'll keep an eye out for the hammersmith cd for you - i know
a place that periodically has a copy of it - if i find one, i'll nab it
for you (don't worry mjm - you're first in this queue!).

woj

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (10/03/90)

In article <9010020206.aa10049@pebbles.sct.clarkson.edu> Love-Hounds@gaffa.MIT.EDU writes:
>Really-From: woiccare@pebbles.sct.clarkson.edu
>
>um, no - but i'll keep an eye out for the hammersmith cd for you - i know
>a place that periodically has a copy of it - if i find one, i'll nab it
>for you (don't worry mjm - you're first in this queue!).
>
>woj
	That would be great!

	Could you (or anyone out there) make a copy of the Video
Live at the hammersmith?  I could mail a blank VHS or send $$ to cover
tape cost etc.   I just can't get it here.  The only video store that
rents it is about 800 miles away.  The stores can't order it since it is
on moratorium.   Anyway, I'm holding off on my annual Kate fest until
I can get a copy.  A night of over dosing on videos and music just
isn't the same without this video.

		Thanks,

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (10/07/90)

Really-From: smith@pyrite.SOM.CWRU.Edu (Phil Smyth)

In article <9010020206.aa10049@pebbles.sct.clarkson.edu> Love-Hounds@gaffa.MIT.EDU writes:
>Really-From: woiccare@pebbles.sct.clarkson.edu
>
>Alex Colburn sez:
>> 	Kate Bush Interview 1986 3" CD.  On the CD it says KB7CD
>> 	mastered by nimbus.   There is a disapointing 7 minutes of
>> 	interview.
I acquired this also. I was a bit disappointed.
Supposed to be a limited edition, the price was $6.00
is that the going price?

>wow, didn't know this was also on cd. i bought the pair of 7"ers (one
>a picturedisc and the other plain'ol white vinyl) that have this
>interview for like $10 at midnight records.
Found that one too, don't remember the price.

Also found a 3" CD of The Sensual World single, same photo
as the 12" single (sand through fingers). Labeled as
EMI-Electrola, mastered and made in Austria.