[rec.music.gaffa] 4AD

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (10/25/90)

Really-From: manfred@swi.psy.uva.nl (Manfred Aben)

Hi there,

I'm quite excited in seeing two postings on the Cocteau Twins in this group.
I have been a delirious fan of the Twins for about 7 years!

This brings me to the point:

Do any of you music lovers care for a new newsgroup entitled "rec.music.4ad"
in which all the (wonderful) music produced under the British "4AD" label can
be discussed. Famous groups at the label are, besides the twins, This Mortal
Coil, and Clan Of Xymox, and Pixies --if I'm right.

I know requests for new groups should be done elsewhere, but maybe anyone of
you has experience with setting up a new group.

Reactions to this group, or:

manfred@swi.psy.uva.nl

See Ya!
=;-I

----------------------------
No fancy Logo's here...    |
Manfred Aben               |
SWI                        |
University of Amsterdam    |
Herengracht 196            |
1016 BS  AMSTERDAM         |
Contact:   listserv%jhuvm.bitnet

Maurice

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (10/31/90)

Really-From: rcbaem@rw7.urc.tue.nl (Ernst 'pooh' Mulder)

manfred@swi.psy.uva.nl (Manfred Aben) writes:

>Hi there,

[stuff deleted]

>Do any of you music lovers care for a new newsgroup entitled "rec.music.4ad"
>in which all the (wonderful) music produced under the British "4AD" label can
>be discussed. Famous groups at the label are, besides the twins, This Mortal
>Coil, and Clan Of Xymox, and Pixies --if I'm right.

>I know requests for new groups should be done elsewhere, but maybe anyone of
>you has experience with setting up a new group.
>manfred@swi.psy.uva.nl

I would like to see such a newsgroup. Something like rec.music.4ad
seems an appropriate name.

You should read news.announce.newgroups to see how to get a new
newsgroup. The basic rules are
1) post an article on why and how, and start a Call For Discussion
2) after a while, when things settle down, start a Call For Votes.

if you receive 100 FOR votes more than AGAINST votes, a new group
can be generated. See appropriiate news.* newsgroups.

pooh    (A great Cocteau Twins Fan!)

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (10/31/90)

Really-From: Sean Culhane <culhane@vis.toronto.edu>

I'd DEFINITELY vote for a newsgroup rec.music.4AD!!!!!

(Don't forget "Dead Can Dance")
 _ /-_
(_)>(_)   sean.  (culhane@vis.toronto.edu)

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (11/08/90)

Really-From: Doug Alan <nessus@gaffa.MIT.EDU>

Yes, I would be interested in a 4AD group.  But I doubt that there are enough
people out there to start one.  Still, ...
E-mail if you just want to chat about the Twins (I'm seeing them on Nov.13
here in New York!

Dan

Dan Simoes
dans@crpmks.UUCP (914) 785-2250 disclaimer: my opinions are my own, natch.

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (11/08/90)

Really-From: MasterMind <VNOZICK@EAGLE.WESLEYAN.EDU>

rec.music.4ad???  I'd *definitely* vote for it.  It's absolutely incredible how
they manage to release only good albums.  My current favorite is "Livonia" by
His Name Is Alive.  If anyone knows anything about this group, please let me
know.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Valerie Nozick           "...And then with the charm around him
vnozick@eagle.wesleyan.edu   He loosened it so if it slipped between my breasts
                             He would rescue it..."--Kate Bush
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (11/08/90)

Really-From: krj@convex.cl.msu.edu (Ken Josenhans)

In article <9011080058.AA15797@gaffa.MIT.EDU> you write:
>Really-From: MasterMind <VNOZICK@EAGLE.WESLEYAN.EDU>
>
>rec.music.4ad???  I'd *definitely* vote for it.  It's absolutely incredible how
>they manage to release only good albums.  My current favorite is "Livonia" by
>His Name Is Alive.  If anyone knows anything about this group, please let me
>know.

They're a Detroit-area band, so the local media tell us.  Livonia is one
of the outlying suburbs of Detroit.   They're playing Michigan State
sometime in the next few days.

Well, you asked if any of us knew "anything"....  :-)

--
--Ken Josenhans
    BITNET:  13020KRJ@MSU     Internet: 13020KRJ@msu.edu