[rec.music.gaffa] Stuff at the local importer

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (11/14/90)

Really-From: Jeffrey C. Burka <jburka@silver.ucs.indiana.edu>

Well, I finally got around to buying the import Love and Anger single...

when I took it up to the counter, the guy started to tell me that "...she's
got a new box set out."  I think he was a little shocked at how much I knew
about the set itself, not to mention the various prices around the country.
Thanks, Love-Hounds!

This guy can get me the set for $170...not too bad, but not great.  If I
pay in full upfront, I can get it in two days.  However, this guy hadn't
heard about the Canadian set--and he does have a Canadian importer.  So,
he's gonna check on a price for the Canadian set--supposed to know by
Friday.

On to the biggest surprise of the evening:

Maybe the discussion of this just slipped past me on the net, but have
any of you seen a picture-disc import of TSW?  This is the full CD (all
11 tracks), and has the sand-through-fingers picture silkscreened onto
the disk.  It's quite nice.

So has anybody else seen this?  What do you think is a good price for
it?

(the importer wants...I think it was $19.99 for the picture-disc.  Sorry,
but I didn't see who pressed it.  He did say that he can get more copies,
so if people want this, I can probably buy-n-ship 'em)

Jeff

--
|Jeffrey C. Burka                | "At night they're seen                 |
|jburka@silver.ucs.indiana.edu   |  Laughing, loving, 	                  |

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (11/15/90)

Really-From: manderso@mprgate.mpr.ca (Mark Anderson)

In article <9011140202.AA28444@gaffa.MIT.EDU>
Jeffrey C. Burka <jburka@silver.ucs.indiana.edu> writes:
>This guy can get me the set for $170...not too bad, but not great.  If I
>pay in full upfront, I can get it in two days.  However, this guy hadn't
>heard about the Canadian set--and he does have a Canadian importer.  So,
>he's gonna check on a price for the Canadian set--supposed to know by
>Friday.

Our local record stores say that the Canadian boxed-set has been ``delayed
again''; should be available in the next few days at CDN$90 (~US$75-80?).

>any of you seen a picture-disc import of TSW?  This is the full CD (all
>11 tracks), and has the sand-through-fingers picture silkscreened onto
>the disk.  It's quite nice.

This sounds like the Canadian pressing.  When in London this summer they
were selling this for an outrageous price at HMV.  Well, maybe not outrageous
for an import.  It's available here at standard CD prices.
--
Mark Anderson
manderso@mprgate.mpr.ca

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (11/21/90)

Really-From: woiccare@pebbles.sct.clarkson.edu

Jeffrey C. Burka :
> Maybe the discussion of this just slipped past me on the net, but have
> any of you seen a picture-disc import of TSW?  This is the full CD (all
> 11 tracks), and has the sand-through-fingers picture silkscreened onto
> the disk.  It's quite nice.

this isa canadian special edition of the album (well, cd).. i saw it at
a record expo here once...but was out of money. :(

> So has anybody else seen this?  What do you think is a good price for
> it?

$19.99 a fair price - the guy who had it was asking $20.

woj