[rec.music.gaffa] DCD -- not to be missed

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (11/26/90)

Really-From: stern@chem.nwu.edu (Charlotte Stern)

Well, sure enough, dead can dance were as other-worldly, eery, spiritual,
just plain ritual (:-), and on and on, as was predicted.  They did
(count'em) FIVE ENCORES, which consisted of alternately full-band pieces,
clean a cappella by their angelic lead singer, duets, and a totally
wild percussion piece that built to an ecstatic frenzy.

I was certain that they succeeded in conjuring spirits by the end of the
night.  Truly a religious experience... and one that won't come around
again soon, except perhaps in a medieval Roman church!

Don't miss 'em...

-mjm

6sigma2@polari.UUCP (Brian Matthews) (11/29/90)

In article <9011261453.AA03973@chem.nwu.edu> Love-Hounds@gaffa.MIT.EDU writes:
|Really-From: stern@chem.nwu.edu (Charlotte Stern)
|
|Well, sure enough, dead can dance were as other-worldly, eery, spiritual,
|just plain ritual (:-), and on and on, as was predicted.

Has anyone seen an itinerary for DCDs tour?  Are they playing Seattle or
anywhere else in the Pacific Northwest?

Thanx,
--
Brian L. Matthews	6sigma2@polari.UUCP

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (12/01/90)

Really-From: woiccare@pebbles.sct.clarkson.edu

> Has anyone seen an itinerary for DCDs tour?  Are they playing Seattle or
> anywhere else in the Pacific Northwest?

alas, the last date was the 29th. sorry. they only got to california.

woj