[net.music] Hawkwind, Nik Turner, Bob Calvert, Steve Hilage

nessus@mit-eddie.UUCP (Doug Alan) (08/12/85)

> From: tp@ndm20 (Terry Poot)

>> [Me:] Also, Nik Turner's album "Sphinx" is probably the best space
>> music I've ever heard.  Robert Calvert's albums "Freq" and "Captain
>> Lockheed and the Starfighters" are also quite good.  Anyone have
>> anything to say

> Actually I was dissapointed with Sphinx, it is a little mellow for my tastes.
> I like Steve Hillage and was expecting better, since the group was basically
> Hillage's group plus Turner

It's less mellow than Steve Hilage's "Rainbow Dome Musick".

> I don't know about hard to find. I have 17 Hawkwind albums, all bought
> in the US in about the last 4 years. I am probably missing some recent
> ones, though, and I know I missed the Sonic Assassins EP. I'll get it
> one of these days. I even have an EP by the Hawkwind Zoo, before the
> band was truly organized.

Well, I have about that many too, but I've had to dig through lots of
record stores and make trips to Maryland and Greenwhich Village to get
some of them.  "Captain Lockheed and the Starfighters" is very very
difficult to find.  A mint copy is worth 35 Pounds in England.  I've
never seen a Nik Turner or Inner City Unit album, though I'm trying to
special order some.  I've been looking for "Warrior On The Edge of Time"
for a long time!  (It's a good thing I have it on tape!  It's my
favorite Hawkwind album!)  If anyone knows where I can get any of these,
please tell me.  Where do you live that you think these are easy to
find?

			"Down a corridor of flame"

			 Doug Alan
			  nessus@mit-eddie.UUCP (or ARPA)