[rec.music.gaffa] yikes!

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (12/17/90)

Really-From: adobe!!dkletter@decwrl.dec.com (SUGAR in their vitamins?)

a few days back i mentioned the group that Bojrk (sp?) was in BEFORE
the Sugarcubes--Cuckold (is i believe the spelling, not sure--and said
that it's hard to find. well, a friend of mine has told me that the label
Bojrk started, Bad Taste Ltd. has re-released all the Cuckold on CD
as well as some stuff by another great band she was in called Theal (it's
spelled with that thorn character as the "th" sound but there's no way
i can type that in soooo). so maybe there is some hope! not to mention,
there is another pretty cool band on Bad Taste called BLESS which is
pretty darn good. the Bless is being distributed on Rough Trade but i'm
not sure about the others. good luck, these bands are WAY better than
the Sugarcubes, whose first album i did like but it's just not the same.
sentimental me...

hasta. --d

--
Yes.  Beautiful, wonderful nature.  Hear it sing to us: *snap*  Yes.  natURE.

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (12/27/90)

Really-From: graham@ug.cs.dal.ca (Michael Graham)

Her name is Bjork - with an umlaut(sp?) over the o. She started Bad Taste
with about 10 other people in the speing of '86. She has made a solo record
- '77, some stuff with the excellent band Tappi Tikarrass - '80-83?, 2
records with KUKL!!!!!! and 2 records with the Sugarcubes who are infinitely
better than any of the new bands - IMO. I don't see Bless getting the front
cover of EVERY british music mag...

I wonder if Kate listens to the the  Sugarcubes....she'd love Birthday.
Theal? I you must mean Theyr. They broke up in '82?

mike

Love-Hounds-request@gaffa.MIT.EDU (01/03/91)

Really-From: adobe!!dkletter@decwrl.dec.com (SUGAR in their vitamins?)

>From: graham@ug.cs.dal.ca (Michael Graham)
>
>Her name is Bjork - with an umlaut(sp?) over the o. She started Bad Taste
>with about 10 other people in the speing of '86. She has made a solo record
>- '77, some stuff with the excellent band Tappi Tikarrass - '80-83?, 2
>records with KUKL!!!!!! and 2 records with the Sugarcubes who are infinitely
>better than any of the new bands - IMO. I don't see Bless getting the front
>cover of EVERY british music mag...

well, Bless is kinda raw and mostly recycled sounds but so are a lot of other
things out there, i just like it. KUKL is the band i am mostly interested in
although i've heard that Theyr (sorry bout the misspellings) is pretty good
too.

>Theal? I you must mean Theyr. They broke up in '82?

i dunno except that Theyr was >before< Kukl.

a lot of the Icelandic music is really good... i mean, it's cold. it's boring
and icolated. what else can you do? 2;^)

hasta. --d

--
Yes.  Beautiful, wonderful nature.  Hear it sing to us: *snap*  Yes.  natURE.

Love-Hounds-request@gaffa.MIT.EDU (01/04/91)

Really-From: fnord@spdcc.com (Dan Schaeffer)

In article <9508@adobe.UUCP> Love-Hounds@gaffa.MIT.EDU writes:
>Really-From: adobe!!dkletter@decwrl.dec.com (SUGAR in their vitamins?)
>a lot of the Icelandic music is really good... i mean, it's cold. it's boring
>and icolated. what else can you do? 2;^)

As I understand it, a lot of what they can (and do) do is drink.

>hasta. --d

D. J. Schaeffer
"'The Todal looks like a blob of glup.
  It makes a sound like rabbits screaming,
  and smells of old, unopened rooms.'"
[fnord@ursa-major.spdcc.com]