[rec.music.gaffa] Kate in Ms. Magazine.

Love-Hounds-request@gaffa.MIT.EDU (01/28/91)

Really-From: <GREINER%UCLASTRO.BITNET@mitvma.mit.edu>

I don't know if this has already been posted but in Volume 1, Number 4 of
Ms. magazine there is a list of Landmark Albums of the Last 20 years - Ms.
Picks.  All women artists of course and amoung them is listed

        Kate Bush: _Hounds of Love_ (1985).  Melodically sensual with dreamy
        lyrics, the album of this pop prodigy (already a U.K. star) "reads"
        like a two-act play.  "Running Up That Hill" was an unlikely U.S.
        Top 30 hit.

There is also a small black and white photo.  It's the head only of the old
leotard shot.  Seems like a strange choice of a photo for Ms.!  Other lesser
lights and mere mortals included were Laurie Anderson (barely mortal), the
Roches, Joan Baez, Suzanne Vega, and Phranc.  36 artists in all were mentioned.

                                        Wade

Love-Hounds-request@gaffa.MIT.EDU (02/05/91)

Really-From: Kiernan Holland <kholland@hydra.unm.edu>

Cool, I knew gaffa had to do with Kate Bush.
I think she is the greates artist of all time, well second to the beatles
and the Traveling Wilbury's. I also like adrian belew and several other
creative artists (not to mention peter gabriel and pat metheny).
I'll be frequenting the echo a ton. Has anyone done some digitized photos
of Kate in 256 shades of grey? hi-ress, I want some.

Hey, did anybody get those lyrics (I don't remember which FTP-net it was).
Later.

newsmgr@gnv.ifas.ufl.EDU ("ICON") (02/05/91)

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: Re: Kate in Ms. Magazine.