[rec.music.gaffa] Passing Through Air CD

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (12/10/90)

Really-From: nbc%inf.rl.ac.uk@mitvma.mit.edu

>From: woj <woiccare@pebbles.sct.clarkson.edu>
>Subject:  attn: cd collectors
>just a small note. chapter one, the folks who pressed the _if you could see
>me fly_ cd, have also pressed a cd for the b-sides collection _passing
>through air_. while i haven't seen it, it's listed in the latest goldmine
>in the cd connection ad. forgot the price.

I bought a coy of the Passing Through Air CD on Friday. It is not the b-sides
collection. It is the rest of the home demos that were not included on
If You Could See Me Fly. The titles given to the tracks by the bootleggers
are: The Kick Inside, Hammer Horror, A Rose Growing, Keep Me Waiting, Davy,
Disbelieving Angel, Don't Push Your Foot On The Heartbrake, Kite, L'Amour
Looks Something Like You, Strange Phenomena, Really Gets Me Going, Moving,
Another Day.

Tracks 1-6 are described as home-demos 1974, 7-12 as studio-outtakes with K.T.
Bush Band 1975, Track 13 Live on TV with Peter Gabriel Dec. 1979. There is a 4
sided colour insert with several (not very good quality) photos and the legend
Kiss Me, Kate! inside.

The two CDs from Chapter One now account for all the demos listed in Homeground
(sorry I forget which issue) in terms of numbers at least although the titles
vary. I paid 18 pounds for my copy.
Be seeing you,
	Neil
--
Neil Calton                          UUCP:   ..!mcsun!ukc!rlinf!nbc
Informatics Department,              NSFNET: nbc%inf.rl.ac.uk@nsfnet-relay.ac.uk

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (12/11/90)

Really-From: dave@mars.njit.edu (Dave Michaels cccc)

I would be interested in obtaining copies of Passing Through Air, and
If you could See Me fly, on CD. Anyone who can tell me where to buy one and
how much it will cost, I would appreciate their help.
-d.

--
-Dave Michaels, vigilent student of the New Jersey Institute of Tecnology
INTERNET: dave@mars.njit.edu  "I am the resurrection and the life.  He who

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (12/11/90)

Really-From: John.Kitamura@ircam.fr (John Kitamura)

In article <9012101319.AA00333@judas> you write:
>I bought a coy of the Passing Through Air CD on Friday.
I'd be grateful if you could give me an address or two where I might be
able to find this disc.  (I'll be in London the first two weeks of January).
In Paris, the "If You Could See Me Fly" disc sells for 170francs, but
no one has seen this second disc.

thanks, kato

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (12/12/90)

Really-From: nbc%inf.rl.ac.uk@mitvma.mit.edu

Some people have asked about where they can get the CDs "If you could See Me
Fly" and "Passing Through Air". They are of course both bootlegs. I bought
my copies at a record fair in Oxford. In the UK, at least, you are very
unlikely to find a shop willing to handle them.

In answer to:
>From: John.Kitamura@ircam.fr (John Kitamura)
>I'd be grateful if you could give me an address or two where I might be
>able to find this disc.  (I'll be in London the first two weeks of January).
>In Paris, the "If You Could See Me Fly" disc sells for 170francs, but
>no one has seen this second disc.

Buy one of the weekly music mags (e.g. Melody Maker) and look in the ads
at the back for where there are record fairs that week. There are almost
certain to be one or two going on in London during any weekend.
Good hunting,
	Neil
--
Neil Calton                          UUCP:   ..!mcsun!ukc!rlinf!nbc
Informatics Department,              NSFNET: nbc%inf.rl.ac.uk@nsfnet-relay.ac.uk
Rutherford Appleton Laboratory,      BITNET: nbc%inf.rl.ac.uk@ukacrl
Chilton, Didcot, Oxon,  OX11 0QX     JANET:     nbc@uk.ac.rl.inf
England                              Tel: (0235) 821900   ext 5740

chryses@xurilka.UUCP (Phong Co) (02/08/91)

Hi there everyone,

I've been reading a lot about this Passing Through Air CD, which is
supposed to contain Cathy demos.  About a couple of months ago I was
browsing through an imports'n'such store, and they had a copy of what
I think now may be a copy of the aforementioned work.  Mostly Kate
and solo piano, I can't recall the songlist, but there were two
versions of (I think!) Babooshka, one of which allegedly clocks in at
0:30.  I was vaguely aware that the cassette version had gone by in
this group a year or two ago, but didn't pay much attention to it.

Anyhow, to make a long story short, I gave it a listen, and the sound
quality was not great, sort of Walkman quality.  Granted it was Kate,
but it was also $35 (Canadian).

I went back there after hearing you guys talk about it, to take
another look, but alas it was no longer there.  So, from the skimpy
info I've provided, can anyone tell me if what I saw is the object of
discussion, or a figment of my imagination?

Also at the same store, and still there at last check, was a live
Kate CD whose title slips my mind.  From the song list, it is a
transcript of the Hammersmith video.  Price is the same, CAN$35.

So what do you say, are these things worth it?

TA TA
Phong.

Phong T. Co		| I wrapped my fear around me like a blanket
chryses@xurilka.UUCP	| Sailed my ship of safety 'till I sank it
dada Indugu Inc.	| I'm crawling on your shores
Montreal, CANADA	| 			-- Emily Saliers