[rec.music.gaffa] Homeground

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (08/02/89)

Really-From: ide!lofdahl@Sun.COM (Corey Lofdahl)

C'mon Tim, your motives are transparent.
Are you going to go through your whole
life being a jerk?

	--Corey

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (08/09/89)

Really-From: claris!wombat@ames.arc.nasa.gov (Scott Lindsey)

Signs of change?  I was in Tower Records today and saw the most recent issue
of Homeground (#35, Summer '89) on the magazine rack!  This used to be a
fairly hard publication to locate retail.

Scott Lindsey     |"Cold and misty morning. I heard a warning borne in the air
Claris Corp.      |    About an age of power when no one had an hour to spare"
ames!claris!wombat| DISCLAIMER: These are not the opinions of Claris, Apple,
wombat@claris.com |    StyleWare, the author, or anyone else living or dead.

jsd@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (Jon Drukman) (12/16/89)

The new issue of Homeground is available.  I did not purchase it,
however.  The cover has the photo from the This Woman's Work single on
it.  Inside, they said that "I'm Still Waiting" is probably Kate's
best b-side yet!  Ignorant savages!  How dare they slight Under The
Ivy and (more importantly) Ne T'Enfuis Pas.  (or even Burning
Bridge)

Anyway, my cursory examination did not reveal any items concerning
love-hounds or related individuals.  The cost was $3.50 at Main Street
Records in Northampton.

Have a day.

+---------------------- Is there any ESCAPE from NOISE? ----------------------+
|  |   |\       | jsd@gaffa.mit.edu |      "Suck on this,                     |
| \|on |/rukman | jsd@umass.bitnet  |       planet of noise bimbo!"           |

ed@DAS.LLNL.GOV (Edward Suranyi) (12/16/89)

In article <8912152224.AA11879@GAFFA.MIT.EDU> jsd@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (Jon Drukman) writes:

>Anyway, my cursory examination did not reveal any items concerning
>love-hounds or related individuals.  The cost was $3.50 at Main Street
>Records in Northampton.

Well, Vickie Mapes, Andrew Marvick, and, I must immodestly admit, myself
are all mentioned in the News section, as is Love-Hounds as a whole
(in acknowledgements of information sources, mainly).
So are the various American album release parties, although no names
are mentioned.  (Gee, does that phrase remind me of a Kate song?)

Ed (Edward Suranyi)        | Caption:  "Kate Bush goes from cult fave to
Dept. of Applied Science   |        chart rave."  -- _Billboard_
UC Davis/Livermore         |   (In "Was It A Hit Or A Miss" in the 1985
ed@das.llnl.gov            |          year-end special issue.)

rabin@dorsai.COM (Robert Marks) (02/12/91)

Okay, now listen. Mucho many times have I requested that SOMEONE, I
mean ANYONE who has the address of the Homeground fanzine post it on
this newsgroup so that I, and others who don't have it, can get
their very own subscriptions. Is this too much to ask?

        You could, of course, reply to me directly:
                Rabin@dorsai.com

nrc@cbema.att.COM (Neal R Caldwell, Ii) (02/13/91)

From article <H2B0w1w163w@dorsai.com>, by rabin@dorsai.COM (Robert Marks):

> Okay, now listen. Mucho many times have I requested that SOMEONE, I
> mean ANYONE who has the address of the Homeground fanzine post it on
> this newsgroup so that I, and others who don't have it, can get
> their very own subscriptions. Is this too much to ask?
>
>         You could, of course, reply to me directly:
>                 Rabin@dorsai.com

Yes it is.  Much, much too much to ask.  Therefore, neither I nor
anyone else will tell you that you can reach Homeground at:

PO Box 176 Orpington Kent UK BR5 3NA

Never.  You couldn't pay me to tell you!  Nyahhh.

I think the problem is that sometimes everyone assumes that someone
else will answer someones question and it never gets answered.  Sorry.

"Don't drive too slowly."                 Richard Caldwell
                                          AT&T Network Systems
                                          att!cbnews!nrc
                                          nrc@cbnews.att.com

woiccare@PEBBLES.SCT.CLARKSON.EDU (02/13/91)

Robert Marks sez:
> Okay, now listen. Mucho many times have I requested that SOMEONE, I
> mean ANYONE who has the address of the Homeground fanzine post it on
> this newsgroup so that I, and others who don't have it, can get
> their very own subscriptions. Is this too much to ask?

well, i don't remember seeing your request... :)

anyways, as of last summer (the last issue that i have), the address for
subscriptions was:

	po box 176
	orpington kent uk
	br5 3na

woj

rhill@pnet01.cts.com (Ronald Hil}Il) (02/14/91)

rabin@dorsai.COM (Robert Marks) writes:

>Okay, now listen. Mucho many times have I requested that SOMEONE, I
>mean ANYONE who has the address of the Homeground fanzine post it on
>this newsgroup so that I, and others who don't have it, can get
>their very own subscriptions. Is this too much to ask?
>
>        You could, of course, reply to me directly:
>                Rabin@dorsai.com

All you had to do was ask!!! ;-)  I don't know if I'm "SOMEONE" but I know I
am ANYONE so here is the address -

PO Box 176
Orpington, Kent
UK  BR5 3NA

Subscriptions are 12 pounds 10 pence.  they only general accept british
currency.  As much as I love Homeground you should also subscribe to the Kate
Bush Club which has a very irregular newsletter but is entirely produced by
Kate and her family and friends and is the best source of info straight from
Kate's mouth it cost 8 pounds 50 pense for airmail, but that only covers your
first issue now (as I understand it) and afterwards you are sent notices when
the new issue are out.  The last issue I know of was the Sensual World issue.
-

KCB
P.O. Box 120
Welling, Kent  DA16 3DS

UUCP: {hplabs!hp-sdd ucsd nosc}!crash!pnet01!rhill
ARPA: crash!pnet01!rhill@nosc.mil
INET: rhill@pnet01.cts.com